Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed Refelective Rim Stripes

Old 05-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
Name: Vincent
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
Installed Refelective Rim Stripes

got some white reflective rim stripes from cycle gear. I spent $8 for a roll that was more than enough for 4 wheels..

i don't have any daytime shots, but at night they look bad ass..

Old 05-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You will be seen at night looks cool.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
tacomaniacmatt is on a distinguished road

tacomaniacmatt's Tacoma Gallery
wow. thats interesting...never seen that before. u see someone else do it? or u just think of it lol?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Doc will become famous soon enough

Doc's Tacoma Gallery
thats cool looks good with the black rim/white taco combo
Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #7
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaniacmatt View Post
wow. thats interesting...never seen that before. u see someone else do it? or u just think of it lol?
my cousins had it on his bike, but it was NON reflective. so i thought it would be no big deal to put it on my truck...
i don't know, but AM I THE FIRST ONE TO PUT THIS ON MY TRUCK? if not..it's all good. haha
Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If you like that....then you might like these. Lights up when you drive.
Pretty neat if you're into that kinda thing.

http://www.tireflys.com/automotive.html
i saw those at pepboys, but these are less of a hassle to put on. and they don't require batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Seen those all time on bikes- Never woulda thought to do it on the Taco....Nice work!!
yup..that's where i got the idea from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
thats cool looks good with the black rim/white taco combo
i love the black and white color combo..
Old 05-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #10
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I could use those on my bike? I ride in the evenings sometimes. I don't want to get hit! ( I sometimes have to cross a road cause a trail go that way )
Old 05-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
I could use those on my bike? I ride in the evenings sometimes. I don't want to get hit! ( I sometimes have to cross a road cause a trail go that way )
Yeah Man...3M makes all sorts of colors of reflective tape in different sizes and stuff...

I've used it on motorcycle helmets to create designs that match the colors on the helmet...but provide extra reflectivity at night.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #12
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
Get a daylight pic so we can see how it looks when its not reflecting.