Notices

Hubcap noise (audio clip)

Old 05-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
seligman will become famous soon enoughseligman will become famous soon enough
seligman's Tacoma Gallery
Hubcap noise (audio clip)

Listen to this recording I made:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/60156745e76f073e/

The front right hubcap on my 1996 Tacoma is making this noise. I can't figure out how or why. When I remove it, the sound goes away.

In the recording, I coasted from 0 to 20 MPH and stopped again, all with the engine off.

Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Without being there to tool with it it's hard to say. When you take it off and shake it does it sound like anything is loose?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
Without being there to tool with it it's hard to say. When you take it off and shake it does it sound like anything is loose?
That's just it. Nothing appears loose.

Weird.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Two things I would try make sure the air pressure in your tires is set
to spec's and try moving it to the rear to see if the noise goes away.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
what kind of hubcaps do you have? Any pics?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
what kind of hubcaps do you have? Any pics?
The hubcaps are the original Tacoma style introduced in 1995 on the standard size 2WD models.