Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Introduction & quick question

Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
smithbradri is on a distinguished road
smithbradri's Tacoma Gallery
Introduction & quick question

Hi All,
I've been a casual browser over the last 1 1/2 years, since I purchased my 2002 Tacoma. (xtra cab, 4wd) I've really enjoyed the shared information on this site, both just browsing, and some informative tid-bits along the way.

I've got a tonneau cover that came on the truck when I bought it, albeit a cheap one that already shows signs of crumbling at the corners. I just responded to a craigslist post advertising a cap off a 2000 xtra cab tacoma. My question is - I know there was a style change in 01, but did the bed dimensions stay the same from 00 - 04? I just want to make sure before I make the trip to look at it.

Thanks all for your help!
Brad
Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I'm pretty sure the box dims are the same, but to be sure I would measure your box & have the seller measure his cap. Good Luck!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!

Judging by this, you should be safe.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the boxes were the same sizes.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
yupp
there the same
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Thank you everyone! Much appreciated!
- off to check out a cap -
Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Box dimensions are identical, but ...

What you need to check is whether the cap was designed for an XtraCab and not a Regular Cab.

Some manufacturers designed their canopies / caps to 'follow' the rear cab wall profile (XtraCab = sloped forward; Regular Cab = straight-up). If the cap is designed for a Regular Cab it may leave a noticeable gap when mounted on an XtraCab.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
EnolaGaia - Yes, she specifically said that this was off the 2000 xtra cab, and I have the 2002 xtra cab as well. Thanks for your attention to detail, I appreciate it!

Brad