Notices

Delta Toolbox - Good Deal?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
eternus is on a distinguished road

eternus's Tacoma Gallery
Delta Toolbox - Good Deal?

So I don't have a model number but just spotted this box on Craigslist:

With the following text:

Recently purchased used but did not have time to repair this box so ended up purchasing a new one. Since then I have repaired the box which would not fully close (one end stayed unlocked) and other small issues were taken care of, including re-keying the lock cylinders and having 2 keys made.

Box will fit small trucks including ranger, tacoma, s10, dakota, etc.
----------------------

In just looking at the image can anyone say they know this box, have it installed, know a part number? Technically I'm just trying to figure out at a glance if its likely I can mount it with j-hooks and it it looks like its a low profile box. (c:

$125 for a Delta box seems pretty nice for me and my budget... just wish it was black. I'm going to swing by tomorrow to check it out if its still available.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
If you do go check it out, ask the owner if you can do a test fit. I know that the UWS boxes that are for our trucks have angled corners at the bottom so they dont interfere with the wheel wells. I don't know if the 6 foot beds need the angled edge, but I'm pretty sure they do.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
eternus is on a distinguished road

eternus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Pitt, thats good advice. I told him I'd like to swing by and see how it fits on my truck and see if j-hooks would work for me when mounting it. I saw the angled boxes and it seems like UWS is only pushing them if you have one of the little beds behind an extended cab but otherwise it considers the square bottom fine for the 99 regular cab.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I think the biggest things are a) make sure it fits, b) make sure the seals are good, and c) the locks work.