Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

$9 headlight restoration kit!!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
jeff6001 is on a distinguished road
jeff6001's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up $9 headlight restoration kit!!!!

Went to advanced auto parts to pick up a fuel filter and saw a turtle wax headlight restoration kit. So i said what the hell. Within the 1st step I could already see inside the headlight. And the other 4 wet sanding steps took off most of the dirt and grime (yellow junk). Did another buff off and their about %90 better. I'll post some pics as soon as figure out how to get them off my camera and on to this website.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
black98 is on a distinguished road

black98's Tacoma Gallery
I will have to try this now, instead of buying new headlights...
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
I actually compared the Turtle Wax and Meguires headlight restoration kits and went with the Meguires. My wife's '03 4Runner headlights were in desperate need and the Meguires did a fantastic job. She couldn't have been more pleased! But hearing of your success now I wish I had gone with the $10 kit vs. the $20 kit.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
i miss my 04
rendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rendog's Tacoma Gallery
mothers powerball mini + cleaner wax does wonders on effed up headlights.
did both lights in like 5 minutes.
although not exactly $9
Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff6001 View Post
Went to advanced auto parts to pick up a fuel filter and saw a turtle wax headlight restoration kit. So i said what the hell. Within the 1st step I could already see inside the headlight. And the other 4 wet sanding steps took off most of the dirt and grime (yellow junk). Did another buff off and their about %90 better. I'll post some pics as soon as figure out how to get them off my camera and on to this website.

I bought and used the same kit about 2 months ago, and the results were amazing. well worth the money.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
black98 is on a distinguished road

black98's Tacoma Gallery
Bought the turtle wax kit today and will do my taco and corolla, will upload before and after pics.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

Name: catdick
j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
I really need to do this to mine, I just haven't got around to doing it yet. I usually just wet sand with 3000, get some really rough compound, and buff it. It helps a lot.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
Chrome's for Harleys and old farts
ChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enoughChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
ChrisYoTaCoMa's Tacoma Gallery
Best stuff I have ever seen/used is this....

http://myheadlight.com/

NOTHING can do better than this stuff. And it has an acrylic sealer so it won't go back to yellow, or fog back up, and a lifetime warranty. $20 well spent. I have been using it on all my cars here in FL where the sun ruins everything.

The headlights on my Taco were really foggy and going yellow, look at my pics after using this stuff...