Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ABS kicking on on Dry pavement

Old 05-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
cottonbroker is on a distinguished road
cottonbroker's Tacoma Gallery
ABS kicking on on Dry pavement

My ABS light came on the other day after driving off road and a few times while trying to stop on dry pavement the abs started allowing the wheels to roll.

What type of code reader will pick up the issue. If I could figure out where to focus my efforts that would be a huge help. I'll take the wheels off tonight and see if i can find the sensors and try to figure out how to clean them.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
clean your brakes out real good after off roading it should stop on its own.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
back brakes could be out of adjustment as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
on the sensors........remove the one bolt holding them in and spray them good with electrical contact cleaner and put them back in. that way...you can eliminate the problems and figure out whats going on.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
The Eternal E
efranck2 is on a distinguished road

efranck2's Tacoma Gallery
or you can just take the abs fuse out of the fuse box, that what i did, cause i normaly wheel in the sand and its kinda scary when your comeing up to a razorback and your not slowing down when your standing on the brake :P