Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen satoshi?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen satoshi?

Well here we go! As im about to get started rebuilding my tranny, I took a look at my grill, and thought "hmm. i wonder what a satoshi grill would look like?"

Here is what i started with:

Here is the bottom cut-out:

And now both parts:

Now, my question is, should I leave it how it is and put the mesh in? or should I cut out the middle bar, do some fiberglass work?

My dad thinks I should leave the center, but I kinda want to cut it out, just to see how it will look. Oh, btw, I have another grill coming if I jack this one up
Old 05-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Try both! I think it looks cool with the center.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
cut it.

it will look like a chevy if you leave just the middle bar in.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
Zombie Killer
Robbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to allRobbsolid is a name known to all

Air Force:
Robbsolid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
cut it.

it will look like a chevy if you leave just the middle bar in.
eh, maybe, but it still looks good.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Either way will look good and original.

Cut out would look better IMO. Start with how it is and if you don't like it cut it out. Mesh isn't that spendy.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
photoshop that junk before you cut it all the way out.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i say leave the middle
but thats just me
Old 05-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
How would it look if you leave the middle, but cut out the emblem and fiberglass the gap?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
so i cut the middle out! started spreading the resin on felt to make the surround.. its slowly coming together.

i'll get some more pics in a few
Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No going back now. I think it's going to look sick man. Are you going to put an emblem on the grill?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
yeh.. i have a few ideas.. i have a turbo emblem i think im gonna throw on
Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #13
SMO

swine flu sick?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
swine flu sick?
not exactly, haha. maybe if this turns out good, i can convince my friend to do this to his first gen.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
or if he wants to pay, i'll do it for him lol
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
okay here we go! finished laying all the felt, just needs a few more coats of resin

annnnd some turbo teaser pix

Old 05-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
jeff6001 is on a distinguished road
jeff6001's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is SICK!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
thanks bro! has no transmission thought
Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #19
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
thanks bro! has no transmission thought
well that turbo is doing a lot of good in a truck with no tranny

so u should take it all back off and ship it to me
Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
hahahah 3500 and the setup is yours! only 80 miles on everything, including rebuilt turbo! hahaha jk