1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to install passenger side air vent?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by da0023, May 27, 2009.

1. May 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    da0023

da0023 [OP] The One, The Only

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    99 PreRunner SR5
    none
    hey guys, my passenger side air vent broke today(next to door), i got a new one. how in the hell do you get the bastard back in its place w/o breaking it?

2. Feb 13, 2020 at 11:44 PM
    robertjohnsonjr

robertjohnsonjr Just looking for help from og tw

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Tacoma
    Vehicle:
    2001 xtra cab 3.4 manual 4x4 tacoma
    No more 33s, exhaust,auxilary battery for lights and woofers, canopy w auxilary power...ditching hids soon
    wish someone commented i sure could use help after my pup destroyed mine

GQ7227 likes this.
  3. Feb 14, 2020 at 7:14 AM
    UtahTacoma02

UtahTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Double cab TRD Limited
    ARB front bumper, Old Man Emu suspension, on board air compressor, on board hot water converter, cb radio, safari snorkel, warn 8K lb. winch, AP rock slidders/rear bumper, gray wire mod
    I replaced mine recently. You wont be able to pop it in from the outside I tried. You will just break the new one. The only way I could do it was to take out the passenger airbag. Unhook your battery first. I then removed the glove box, then the top dash cover over the air bag. There are 3 screws towards the back of the dash that hold it on. Get a long screw driver and come up from underneath. Then unhook the air bag connector and I had to carefully maneuver it out. Once it's out you have access to the 3 screws holding the vent assembly. If I remember right 2 screws can be seen and the 3rd closest to the end of the dash is all feel. I think I used a short Philip's screw driver because there is no room for your hand and standard length screw driver. You tube it for further details. I remember finding 2 videos and at least 1 thread which I will post if I find it. Took me about an hour and a sore neck.

robertjohnsonjr and GQ7227 like this.
  4. Mar 10, 2021 at 11:43 AM
    minibeast

minibeast New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '97 Toyota Tacoma DLX
    I have a '97 Tacoma and I'm looking for the right side vent. Where did you find yours and do you have the part number? Thanks!

5. Dec 15, 2021 at 1:27 PM
    dalibran

dalibran Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 Beige Tacoma SR5
    hi all - wanted to provide an alternative way to get the passenger air vent grate installed. this is just for the vent cover, as opposed to the entire air vent itself.

sanded down the notch on the right side (left would work as well), almost to the lip that protrudes on the notch itself. then, I put some vasoline on the sanded edge and some vasoline on a putty knife and was able to push the vent into place. it fits perfectly and can't be taken out. significantly less cumbersome than taking apart the entire dash.

kgw likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top