Notices

2002 2.7 Tacoma MIL On

Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Can't Have Nothin'
Wood's Double Cab is on a distinguished road

Wood's Double Cab's Tacoma Gallery
2002 2.7 Tacoma MIL On

hey now,
Damn check engine light came on today. stopped @ autozone for the free scan, ya know ? . per female autozoner, fuel/air ( mass air ? ) code. maybe 1145 or something. ain't sure. anyway. bought some $7 worth of maf cleaner and cleaned really well. was careful and let dry well. put back in, unhooked battery, cleared codes. light was off. yay. rode around for a few, let idle in yard for 'bout 10-15 mins. poof. light back on. rode by toyota dealer he said( long story short ) prolly maf but $85 worth of diagnosis fee to really know. problem is, am literally going to the mountains ( gatlinburg ) tonight. see, i need my taco to be sound as my redheaded wife will NOT be so understanding should anything mechanical go wrong and prevent forward , gasoline powered, air conditioned, mobility. just came on @ idle in traffic. no noticeable difference running. not rough, skipping, or smoking. getting, 24 mpg. per # of gallons to top-off.

question : yall think i'll be alright to go ? proll 700 miles round trip. can't really afford the new maf today. plus advance would prolly have to be ordered so mon. at best. certainly don't want it to quit on me or leave me stranded.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Officer
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
mine came on a while ago and i checked everything that it says on the list. mine has gone off then comes back on. i found out its the O2 sensor in the exhaust, i have to get a new one but im not quick at getting around to it haha
Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
Can't Have Nothin'
Wood's Double Cab is on a distinguished road

Wood's Double Cab's Tacoma Gallery
just cranked it up, drove it bout 30 miles and no light. guess we'll see. 'preciate it, bro'.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Officer
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
oh and to answer your question, haha your prolly fine, it sounds like its just one of your sensors. do your trip but when you get back find out and fix it. cuz it does effect your ECU and acceleration a little bit,