Notices

need help deciding on what to get

View Poll Results: witch one
ARB offroad winch compatable bumper 17 77.27%
Warn winch adaptable grille guard 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
need help deciding on what to get

i have a choice of a westin winch adaptable grille guard for 650-700 dollars or an arb winch compatable offroad bumper for 766 dollars and a 90 mile drive on the freeway

i cant choose
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i mean westin not warn
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with the ARB if those were your only two options.

If you're open to more, I personally plan on running tube bumpers...like how the look a lot more than plate bumpers.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
arb
Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
We need pics to see exactly what ones you are talking about
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i really like the warn trans4mer grille guards/brush guards.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

arb
Old 06-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
westin http://www.westinautomotive.com/
Old 06-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

after seeing the westin...i DEFINATELY vote for arb

it doesnt look near sturdy enough for winching
Old 06-17-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I'd go with the ARB if those were your only two options.

If you're open to more, I personally plan on running tube bumpers...like how the look a lot more than plate bumpers.

i somehow missed the 2nd half of this post...he makes a really good point

there are tons of other options out there for bumpers with winch plates and all will be worth looking into i think

on the westin...im guessing that theres 4 bolts holding it to the bottom of the frame where your tow hooks belong

on the arb...there are at LEAST 8 grade 8 bolts holding it to the frame ends in 4 different directions
Old 06-17-2009, 03:31 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

some companies that make winch compatible bumpers for 1st gen tacomas

4xinnovations (some people have had fit issues)
http://4xinnovations.com/pages/guarding/bumpers.htm

Mossyrocks
http://mossyrocksfab.com/

All-pro
http://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tacomatrailarmor

CBI
http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/

Demello
http://www.demello-offroad.com/catal...products_id=70
vendor here

Badlands
http://www.badlandbumpers.com/
my favorite

Revenge-Fab
http://revenge-fab.com/bumpers.html
vendor here

Shrockworks
http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-Ta...-pr-16223.html

Kennesaw Mountain
http://www.kenmtn.com/html/wincher.html

Unbreakable Fab
no link just pure awesomeness

custom work
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98295

many of these are just as good looking as an ARB...and stronger than that Westin thing...and in many cases...around the same price range
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
For your two choices - - GET THE ARB.
A true expo bumper that has proven performance and protection to your rig.
I ran with it for over 10 years.

I just sold it to get a Trail Gear bumper, so I can have better ground clearance and weight. Is it safer than the ARB, no, but it will still get the job done.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
ARB for sure. i love mine
Old 08-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #14
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Holy 4 year old thread revival batman.