Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Consequences of not replacing O2 Sensor

Old 06-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Consequences of not replacing O2 Sensor

I need the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sesor in my 04 V6 PreRunner replaced, and I am not financially able to do it right now. What harm is going to be done to my truck if I leave it this way with the check engine light on, because of this faulty O2 sensor? I am not cheap, just broke.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Shitty gas mileage (which means more $$$), engine will run like crap, etc.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Chrome's for Harleys and old farts
ChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enoughChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
ChrisYoTaCoMa's Tacoma Gallery
It will get VERY bad mileage, run like shit, crap up your cat convertor, you will get a very rich fuel smell from exhaust. Ask me how I know. I was getting 20-22mpg from my taco, when the o2 sensor took a crap it went down to 11 or 12 if I was lucky. And my exhaust looked like it was coming out of a diesel motor. I would just do anything to try to get one.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
if its the same one i replaced, there about $70 from urd.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
Wont pass SMOG test
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Durty Whore
attentionwhore is on a distinguished road

attentionwhore's Tacoma Gallery
I can confirm the fact that it runs like shit. I am going through the same issue right now with the same sensor. At first it was ok for about 1.5 months and lately it has gotten worse, not really with the fuel mileage but more with performance. Sometimes I press the gas to the floor and the truck doesnt accelerate correctly, it is only when I lift and press again does the acceleration happen. I saw them listed for about $142. If anyone knows where to source one cheaper, that would be great.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I had a check engine light for nearly a year on and off for one of my o2 sensors (without any ill affects) before I sold my Tacoma. You really won't need to worry about it until it starts to affect the way the truck runs and hurts your fuel economy.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
josh.. is on a distinguished road
josh..'s Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I only ever noticed worse gas mileage and running pig rich.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Durty Whore
attentionwhore is on a distinguished road

attentionwhore's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my new sensor from Rock Auto for $142