Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will not Start in Gear even w/ clutch in

Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #1
sixthreezerodub is on a distinguished road
sixthreezerodub's Tacoma Gallery
Question Will not Start in Gear even w/ clutch in

hi,
new to this forum, don't even own a truck. I am posting this for a friend.

Her Truck (99 4cly) will not start in gear even with the clutch in. It only starts out of gear. The clutch is working fine, not slipping or falling out of gear or anything. I m pretty unfamilar with toyota's but I know my car has a clutch position sensor under the clutch pedal. Do the Tacoma's have a simalr setup? or any ideas? thanks ahead of time.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
yes there is a small switch under the clutch pedal on the floor, i would check that out to make sure its working properly.