View Poll Results: what battery?
optima red top 111 29.29%
optima yellow top 118 31.13%
sears die hard platinum 121 31.93%
odyssey 29 7.65%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #81
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
FYI the batteries at auto zone, Walmart, and advance are all the same. I've heard that sears are Johnson controls as well but don't know about that one. I work at auto zone and honestly there is no way I will get one if the batteries there. See way to many golds come back after a year or two or even a few months and get swapped. Might end up going to oreilys to get one of there agms when the time comes.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #82
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I need moar battery. Or battery that doesn't suck. Acid keep pouring out of my napa battery. Too much awesome angle. And it's hurting my winching capabilities. What can I do?!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #83
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I need moar battery. Or battery that doesn't suck. Acid keep pouring out of my napa battery. Too much awesome angle. And it's hurting my winching capabilities. What can I do?!
dry cell like the ones that have been discussed earlier in this thread...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #84
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
more...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #85
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nicely done!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #87
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
"Dry" AGM or Gel Cell VRLA batteries are sealed and pressurized, so they can be mounted in any position that the manufacturer recommends, but more expensive. "Wet" or "Wet Maintenance Free" batteries, like the ACDelcos, for example, can only be mounted so they will not spill electrolyte.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #88
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
energizer
Old 11-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #89
I am the one who knocks

What odyssey battery is best? I'll be running two probably.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #90
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The one they sell thru Sears labeled as the Diehard Platinum Series
you might save a coupla' pennies

same stuff... different color
Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #91
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running a Exide right now... I have heard that Optima just isn't what they used to be and I work at Carquest (privately owned) and we are a Exide dealer. Seems to be a really good battery and we have had next to no issues out of all the Exides we have sold

Old 03-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #92
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Cosco batterys are the ones too get.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #93
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
I use Interstate.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #94
Truck ~n~ Tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
I'm running a Exide right now... I have heard that Optima just isn't what they used to be and I work at Carquest (privately owned) and we are a Exide dealer. Seems to be a really good battery and we have had next to no issues out of all the Exides we have sold

I had an Exide orbital in muh daily driver...
I only got 3 years from it.
maybe was just bad luck
Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #95
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
OEM
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #96
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Optima Yellow top should be decent. The new ones come with an adapter plate to go underneath the battery making it the right height to fit into a 1st gen tray and still be clamped down tight. That's what I'm running. The older ones caught some flack but it was mainly the red tops IIRC I havent heard anything bad about newer yellows.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #97
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Had my redtop for about 2 years now havent had any problems with it... maybe I got lucky maybe not, does good powering two amps, hids, and countless hours of listening to the radio on the beach
Old 03-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #99
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
For tips on buying batteries, please see Section 7.8 in the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on www.batteryfaq.org.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #100
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...1&blockType=G1

here you go slap this bastard in your truck, like monkeyproof.
Aren't these Odyssey's in different badging?

Products Discussed in this Thread