Notices

prerunner...no longer...

Old 12-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
debuhr is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
debuhr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to debuhr
prerunner...no longer...

im wantin to convert the ol prerunner to a 4 wheel drive. can anyone send me a link that shows the kit i need to buy
Old 12-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know of such kit you speak of ? You would be money ahead to trade it in and get what you want. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
There is no kit per-se... you might want to check out TTORA.com and search various threads there. A lot of people have done conversions there. BTW, it ain't cheap either.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
best and cheapest thing would be SAS swap it, cheaper than trying to get the factory 4x4 parts in the long run... then just get 4x4 trans/transfer rear driveshaft/custom front driveshaft here is a VERY BASIC list

IFS steering box (88-94)

dana 44 driver side drop (jeep wagoneer or j10) make sure it is narrow 51" backing plate to backing plate...there is one that is like 4" wider

leaf springs or coils,if you go with coild there is alot more to making the links and such

and then the obvious shocks,brakelines, etc I actually have an entire front clip that is SAS'd with the steering box attached and I have the jeep dana 44 lol you would be miles ahead
Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
best and cheapest thing would be SAS swap it, cheaper than trying to get the factory 4x4 parts in the long run... then just get 4x4 trans/transfer rear driveshaft/custom front driveshaft here is a VERY BASIC list

IFS steering box (88-94)

dana 44 driver side drop (jeep wagoneer or j10) make sure it is narrow 51" backing plate to backing plate...there is one that is like 4" wider

leaf springs or coils,if you go with coild there is alot more to making the links and such

and then the obvious shocks,brakelines, etc I actually have an entire front clip that is SAS'd with the steering box attached and I have the jeep dana 44 lol you would be miles ahead
And how much is all this going to cost? Make an estimate.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
if you want to chop it up and make something cool ask 350
Old 12-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
ifs box is about $75-100 at junkyard depending, springs can be had for $200 or so ,shocks can be $20-whatever a piece depending on what you go for, I took the factory jeep driveshaft and had it lengthened for $50 dana44 $200 or so and I'm not sure of the difference between the 2wd trans or 4wd you may just need a 4x4 transfer and rear drivshaft.... spring hangers can be fabbed up for free or you can get a shop to make them for like $30 a pair... lowered truck shops are the best price it seems... pick up a issue of sport trucks or something like that there is tons of ads... I'm looking to get $200 for my front axle and would sell the entire front clip that has hangers,box and the bushings in it for $150