1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diehard platinum battery question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Vincent, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Jul 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM
    Vincent

Vincent [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    i just purchased a die hard platinum battery today from sears.. i went with a bigger battery
    this one.[​IMG]

and the terminals do not reach. i know i could solve the problem by buying the correct battery, but i dont want to go that route.

im looking to extend the white wire that comes out of the fuse box.. can anyone help me out?

if all else fails i'll just go back to sears and go with the correct battery size.

if anyone has extended the battery terminals/wires please help out.

thanks.

2. Jul 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    You can buy longer cables at any auto parts store, cant you?

3. Jul 8, 2009 at 10:30 PM
    Vincent

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    i tried that and went to pepoys, autozone..and even osh.

the problem is the white wire..it doesnt allow the terminal to be extended to be fitted correctly.

6zn4ee_96f9aac81af2e34760beb32e6742f306ba5162fb.jpg

4. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    Vincent

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    no one? i just need to know if it is safe to extend the white wire.. i looked through the Haynes manual and it did not tell me what the white wire was for.

5. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    Vincent

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    im not going to be running anything like that any time soon..

how much is it to change out the terminals? did you want to upgrade your cables or did you do this to make the battery fit?

im just simply trying to make the battery fit..and the white wire is the problem.. it's just short.

6. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    :eek: Do you want to come over and wire my truck?

7. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Don't tempt me...I really hate wiring and I will be tackling some of that stuff in the fall.

8. Jul 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    Vincent

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    i ended up just buying a brand new terminal and extending the negative ground..

and wow.. my HIDS are so bright. especially during the day time.
    the clock looks so much brighter and my sub is hitting harder.

i guess it's because my battery died about 3 years ago.. all i did was jump start it and it died again a few months later.. i was rollin with a almost dead battery for an extra 2 1/2 years.

i can't wait till night time.

9. Jul 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    Vincent

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    thanks for the help guys....i think im going to lose the sound system now...goodbye hard bass. lol

Products Discussed in

To Top