LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I think Florida takes the cake

Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Tacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Alex
Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
I think Florida takes the cake

During my 2 week visit of Florida I observed that there are a TON of Tacomas, especially 1st gens.

Now for me this was odd, because in Illinois I hardly see any 1st gen tacomas, it is mostly 2nd gen and not many tacomas in general. However on this trip I must say that at least 1 out of every 5 pickups was def a tacoma.

It seems Florida is overrun with them.

Anyone from Florida here?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
HELL YEAH- We do have a few. They are great trucks (both gens) for trails and beaches and doing a bit of work with....AC blows real cold. And as much as folks complain about the paint and rust...they stand up to it all pretty well...

I drove about 45 mins to a swimming hole near here and every other car I saw (excluding about 5 mins on the interstate) was a toyota and the majority with SUVs and Trucks.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
probably because all the ones in FL haven't rusted out.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm about to be one of them tomorrow unfortunately its hard to find the 4x4 off road version, but i happened to find one for myself
Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
blackhawk63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ali
blackhawk63's Tacoma Gallery
I see a lot of the new tacomas in phoenix.

6 people at my school drive em lifted and all that shit
rich kids...
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Tacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Alex
Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese Loco View Post
on a second note, where in florida were you? you bring your taco?
I was pretty much all over Florida:

Tampa
St. Pete
West Palm Beach
Weston
Miami
Key West
Orlando
Gainseville
Ocala

Yes I brought my taco as well. It was its first long trip. Put on around 4k miles on it total and also bought new Nitto Terra Grapplers when I was in Orlando.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
Chrome's for Harleys and old farts
ChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enoughChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
ChrisYoTaCoMa's Tacoma Gallery
I am here in Florida in Cape Coral/Fort Myers. There are MANY MANY MANY MANY Taco's here.... I mean a lot. I see them to and from work all over the place. Lots of Gen 1's everywhere. LOTS of 2 Gens also. Florida seems to be Tacoland!!!!

No rusty frames here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm from Florida, the Daytona Beach area.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
taco33417 is on a distinguished road
taco33417's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Everyone,

1st public post. I'm also in Fl (West Palm Beach). I just bought a 2000 Xtra Cab 4wd a couple weeks ago. With a lot of advice and direction from Neubs (many thanks!), I ordered a Toytec 3" lift. I received it Friday and installed over weekend (pics to come).
Old 07-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
Slick8810 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick8810 has a spectacular aura about
Slick8810's Tacoma Gallery
im from Panama City, FL and there are alot of tacomas here too.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #13
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
it is definitely hard to find 4wheel drive in florida but i got one.

west palm here.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
my job takes me around the state. its amazing the number of tacos i see. or maybe i just notice them more
Old 07-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #17
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
I'm in jax. North east florida. Yeah it was hard to find 4wd. The northerners are hogging them all. jk.

Holy cow, 4000 miles. I get bored after 2 hours.
well its not like you need them.... we have white stuff called snow that falls and makes all the bad drivers go off the roads so us 4wd tacos gotta pull them out. (plus, you try to get up a long narrow unplowed driveway with 18 inches of snow on it)
Old 07-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
There are still people in Florida? I thought they were all up here in Blue Ridge.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #19
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm pickin mine up in hollywood tomorrow, sad thing is, besides trails the only thing around me is mud and i'm sorry but i just can't bring myself to take a stock 09 taco through the mud haha thats just askin for problems, i'll pull people out though
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #20
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
well its not like you need them.... we have white stuff called snow that falls and makes all the bad drivers go off the roads so us 4wd tacos gotta pull them out. (plus, you try to get up a long narrow unplowed driveway with 18 inches of snow on it)
Correct, we definatly don't need them but it sure is fun to have. I've still managed to get stuck in 4wd though with it locked. Thankfully I had RMBCrew for the rescue.