1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04 tacoma vibration problem

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by garadi, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Dec 9, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    garadi

garadi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I'm new in the forum since I plan to buy a used Tacoma 4-speed. It has 75 K miles and the seller admitted that the engine vibrates (engine mount) quite significantly and that it would cost a few hundred to fix. I plan to take it to a mechanic before committing to buying. The seller said that he'd pay for it. Does anyone know if the vibration of the engine mount is a common problem for the Tacoma or could it be due to an accident (although the seller showed me the title that did not show it was salvaged).

George

2. Dec 9, 2007 at 3:13 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Never heard of engine mounts failing. I have over 127K miles on my '99 and it's till pretty vibration-free.

3. Dec 9, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    garadi

garadi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Humanoid, thanks. The seller though it's the engine mount and said that the mounts cost $29.00 each but the labor would be the major cost. When driving it through the lower gears, the dashboard had a high pitched vibration just for a few seconds.

4. Dec 9, 2007 at 3:52 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Before you buy this truck, have a mechanic look and drive this truck, let a professional tell you what he thinks the problem is. The money you spend on this service will far out way the cost if you are stuck with a less than a stellar rig. Good luck.

5. Dec 9, 2007 at 4:00 PM
    garadi

garadi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    CJ: Indeed, that's what I will do. thanks.

6. Dec 9, 2007 at 4:06 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    The information you have provided thus far is insufficient for an educated online diagnosis by our experienced members. Why don't you provide a detailed explanation of what happens and under what conditions etc etc. Also pay attention to tire and wheel condition.

7. Dec 9, 2007 at 6:14 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I hope you were wearing a clip on tie with a pocket protector in your white short sleeve polyester button down shirt; buttoned to the very tippy top when you wrote that response. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top