Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

04 tacoma vibration problem

Old 12-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
garadi is on a distinguished road
garadi's Tacoma Gallery
04 tacoma vibration problem

I'm new in the forum since I plan to buy a used Tacoma 4-speed. It has 75 K miles and the seller admitted that the engine vibrates (engine mount) quite significantly and that it would cost a few hundred to fix. I plan to take it to a mechanic before committing to buying. The seller said that he'd pay for it. Does anyone know if the vibration of the engine mount is a common problem for the Tacoma or could it be due to an accident (although the seller showed me the title that did not show it was salvaged).

George
Old 12-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of engine mounts failing. I have over 127K miles on my '99 and it's till pretty vibration-free.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
garadi's Tacoma Gallery
Humanoid, thanks. The seller though it's the engine mount and said that the mounts cost $29.00 each but the labor would be the major cost. When driving it through the lower gears, the dashboard had a high pitched vibration just for a few seconds.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Before you buy this truck, have a mechanic look and drive this truck, let a professional tell you what he thinks the problem is. The money you spend on this service will far out way the cost if you are stuck with a less than a stellar rig. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
garadi's Tacoma Gallery

CJ: Indeed, that's what I will do. thanks.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
The information you have provided thus far is insufficient for an educated online diagnosis by our experienced members. Why don't you provide a detailed explanation of what happens and under what conditions etc etc. Also pay attention to tire and wheel condition.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
The information you have provided thus far is insufficient for an educated online diagnosis by our experienced members. Why don't you provide a detailed explanation of what happens and under what conditions etc etc. Also pay attention to tire and wheel condition.
I hope you were wearing a clip on tie with a pocket protector in your white short sleeve polyester button down shirt; buttoned to the very tippy top when you wrote that response.