Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what is a good replacment shock for tacoma?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
wow is on a distinguished road
wow's Tacoma Gallery
what is a good replacment shock for tacoma?

do i have to go with bilstien shocks ?
really dont off road much .
is a heavy duty truck shock ok?
maybe smoother ride ?
any opinions on what brand ?
going to lift front slightly with spACER (1 inch/ 1and half inch)
and going to install add a leaf in back
would like slighly smoother ride on road
truck handels like shit bounces ,hops, scoots sideways on curves with wash board in it hate it !
Thank you
Mik e q
Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
billstiens are just an awesome preforming shock all around. Smoothness on the road, and offroad. They are dual valved, for anti-foaming for longer life also. Ive been running them on my truck for a while now, and you can definately tell a difference.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
never had bilsteins, but when i changed from stock to OME i noticed a positive change...much better.

my assumption though is that both the billys and the nitrochargers work just as well...its just a preference thing (correct me if i am wrong)
Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
you can add some bilsteins 5100 those are smoother than the stock bilsteins that came with TRD package
Old 07-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
pro comp is also good
Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
If you're just going to drive it on the street and don't feeling like paying that much for shocks then get Monroes.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Domovoy is on a distinguished road
Domovoy's Tacoma Gallery
Special shocks for TRD ?

do I need special spec shocks for TRD, PreRunner or SR5 packages ? which ones should i use ? 98% road use 2% running on curbs and roadkill
Old 07-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
"old Brett", Tour Guide
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
If you're just going to drive it on the street and don't feeling like paying that much for shocks then get Monroes.
This is what I ran for years before I started modding. Never had an issue. If you were closer I'd give you my old ones.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #9
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
if your planning to lift, with the billies those will achieve that lift for you. just set them at the middle notch since the 3rd notch gives 2 1/2 give or take.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
Domovoy is on a distinguished road
Domovoy's Tacoma Gallery
thanks to all for the info well noted...