1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Catalytic Converter

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Wreckless_71, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Jul 16, 2009 at 12:58 AM
    Wreckless_71

Wreckless_71 [OP] WRECKLESS for Life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pullman, WA.
    Vehicle:
    98 ext cab Tacoma
    3" Lift via OME 881's, Bilstein 5100's, Dakar OME 3" leaf packs, MBRP custom exhaust, HID headlights, CB, Canopy, aluminum wheels, upgraded sound system, full set of studded snow tires and wheels, auxilary lighting, more to come.
    Soooo... I have a '98 Taco with a 2.7L. There's an O2 sensor behind the cat and I was just curious if gutting the cat or removing it would throw code leaving me a Check Engine light?

2. Jul 16, 2009 at 1:09 AM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    yes it will

3. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    Wreckless_71

Wreckless_71 [OP] WRECKLESS for Life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pullman, WA.
    Vehicle:
    98 ext cab Tacoma
    3" Lift via OME 881's, Bilstein 5100's, Dakar OME 3" leaf packs, MBRP custom exhaust, HID headlights, CB, Canopy, aluminum wheels, upgraded sound system, full set of studded snow tires and wheels, auxilary lighting, more to come.
    My buddy did it on his eclipse (same exhaust set up) but he added a spacer between the pipe and the o2 sensor. Is that gonna work?

4. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    I'm buying a rear sensor simulator from urd (urdusa.com) 60 buck's. If you look our 02 sensors are not easily spaced. and I'm not sure that works 100% of the time anyway. I figure its either replaced the cat to one that doesn't trip the cel or buy this thing (a lot cheaper) that is guranteed to work.

Products Discussed in

To Top