Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ball joint recal question

Old 07-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
ball joint recal question

how can i find out if it applies to my 02 v6 taco. my stealership refuses to even aknowlege the frame recall so i want to find out if mine are under recall and can they deny it under the mileage
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
do a search for TSB's for your truck
Old 07-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the ball joint recall is for first gen tacomas. at least 01 to 04.....probably before that tho. the dealership has to do the recall if it hasnt been done before...its a safety issue.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
the ball joint recall is for first gen tacomas. at least 01 to 04.....probably before that tho. the dealership has to do the recall if it hasnt been done before...its a safety issue.
i have an 02 i went to the stealership to get some bolts for my skid plate and before i asked about the recall they jumped and said it wont apply to my truck...made me a lil suspiscious
Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i have an 02 i went to the stealership to get some bolts for my skid plate and before i asked about the recall they jumped and said it wont apply to my truck...made me a lil suspiscious
go back up there and call bullshit. talk to the service manager.....they gotta fix it.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
go back up there and call bullshit. talk to the service manager.....they gotta fix it.
service manager is the dumb ass that told me that there is no frame rust recalls on tacomas, ill go up there and tell them ill be taking out a personal add and contacting my lawer
Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
service manager is the dumb ass that told me that there is no frame rust recalls on tacomas, ill go up there and tell them ill be taking out a personal add and contacting my lawer
either that....or call the 800 number for toyota and make a case......they will do it then.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Call Toyota direct....Either the Southeast office or the national 800 #..

This just *&^%#$ me, My dealer handled this whole ordeal in nothing short of professional manner......Both recalls done above and beyond,Prius rental for 11 days and then installed shock package at cost ( matched my Rancho $).....

The Ball joint recall is a MUST and the Frame issue is being handled two ways 1) new frame or 2) prep and reseal frame and extend warranty to 15 years....only catch is there are only certain areas ( states) being affected for the "Frames"...

Good luck and if you notice mine is an '02 also......should treat yours mirror to mirror of mine..

Snoope