electrical problem

Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
electrical problem

I have an 01 tacoma and i recently install aftermarket tail lights... all i did was simply plug them in and that was it...now when i turn on the lights the left turn signal indicator stays on and the turn signal barely works at all...also when ever i hit the brake it doesnt work but as soon as i let up on the brake it flashes .......i am think it is grounding out but i have no clue...anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
yeah sounds like a ground... take the lights back off just loose see if maybe you hit a wire when you put the screws back in
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It's a bad ground somewhere and/or some crossed wires. Check and re-check everything to make sure.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1CGuches View Post
I have an 01 tacoma and i recently install aftermarket tail lights... all i did was simply plug them in and that was it...now when i turn on the lights the left turn signal indicator stays on and the turn signal barely works at all...also when ever i hit the brake it doesnt work but as soon as i let up on the brake it flashes .......i am think it is grounding out but i have no clue...anyone have any ideas?

also sounds like you may have a burnt out bulb......check that too!!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
yup turns out it was a bad ground...after i took it apart and looked at it turns out the guy before me had a cannopy on it and the wiring for it was grounding out.
thanks for the help
Old 12-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Drive on !