Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

steering rack bushings

Old 08-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
steering rack bushings

Yep..i need to do them on my 96..Anyone reccommend good ones? wheelers,total chaos,energysuspension? Ive read on here but everyone has different opinions..I read that wheelers bushings were too soft also? Anyone had experience with them?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Yep..i need to do them on my 96..Anyone reccommend good ones? wheelers,total chaos,energysuspension? Ive read on here but everyone has different opinions..I read that wheelers bushings were too soft also? Anyone had experience with them?
get the energy suspension ones from wheelersoffroad....they come with the upgraded sleeve that fits alot better than some of the others that had the same set out. i have them....havent put them in yet tho,because i got a new steering rack thru warranty.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
im hopefully going to install them myself, never done them before. I have found a few decent writeups on it thou, looks like it shouldnt take more then a couple of hours doing it in the driveway
Old 08-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
I got fisted

Firefighter:
damn bro those places are expensive! I can get the same kit from energysuspension.com for around $13
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
get the energy suspension ones from wheelersoffroad....they come with the upgraded sleeve that fits alot better than some of the others that had the same set out. i have them....havent put them in yet tho,because i got a new steering rack thru warranty.
I dont see them from wheelers? They have the anti sway kit, but it dosent say anything about including rack bushings
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on getting the energy suspension ones
install wasn't too bad
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
I got fisted

Firefighter:
well I did a search and the page came up with wheelers kit, so i ordered it. Shouldnt be too bad i hope
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I dont see them from wheelers? They have the anti sway kit, but it dosent say anything about including rack bushings
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacorackbushkit.htm
Old 08-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #11
I got fisted

Firefighter:
yepp..thats the one I ordered!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
I got fisted

Firefighter:
ok so i figured as long as im in there, i might as well do all of them..swaybar link,steering rack bushings and swaybar bushings(which i found in greaseable!)

Problem is, I dont know which sizes to order! Any help? Please?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok so i figured as long as im in there, i might as well do all of them..swaybar link,steering rack bushings and swaybar bushings(which i found in greaseable!)

Problem is, I dont know which sizes to order! Any help? Please?
there are a couple of different sizes if i am not mistaken, they will either be a 26mm kit or a 27mm. the only way to tell is to use a mic.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
I got fisted

Firefighter:
damn..lol guess im mic'in the swaybars tomorrow
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn..lol guess im mic'in the swaybars tomorrow
that's the best way....that way you get the correct fit
Old 08-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #16
Dlowest is on a distinguished road

Dlowest's Tacoma Gallery
whats the point of replacing the bushings?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlowest View Post
whats the point of replacing the bushings?
slop and movement in the steering rack. with my truck parked....you could turn the steering wheel back and forth,and the whole damn rack would move 2 inches to each side. the factory bushings were shot!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
Dlowest is on a distinguished road

Dlowest's Tacoma Gallery
So while mine is out.... I should replace them?

Does this part number sound right?

Energy Suspension 8-10101R
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlowest View Post
So while mine is out.... I should replace them?
its probably a good idea to do so......pretty easy too.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
I got fisted

Firefighter:
as much as i have tried and tried, i cant seem to find anyone online to sell the swaybar bushings and or swaybar links