Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blocks

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
No, 'cause they suck. Get AALs, shackles or an aftermarket leaf pack. Blocks will sag your rear springs pretty fast and the Taco springs sag pretty easily on their own to begin with.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
AAL=add a leaf

You can read about the rest of it here: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137
Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
definitely stay away from blocks....unless you like axle wrap. aal's are the better way to go....rider alot better and keep the axlewrap to a bare minimum.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
Chrome's for Harleys and old farts
ChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enoughChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
ChrisYoTaCoMa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
definitely stay away from blocks....unless you like axle wrap. aal's are the better way to go....rider alot better and keep the axlewrap to a bare minimum.

Heck ya, the AAL's I put in(Skyjackers) completely got rid of my clunking at lights too, major happy happy joy joy for me on that one.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 3" block before! I hated it, never ganna do that again.

There's alot of places were you can get good AAL's or shackles. I got the Toytec AAL.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
tacomaman04 is on a distinguished road
tacomaman04's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to tacomaman04 Send a message via Yahoo to tacomaman04
So what is the best thing to use. can you send me a link of what you think for more less about 3in or 2.5in
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #14
Chrome's for Harleys and old farts
ChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enoughChrisYoTaCoMa will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
ChrisYoTaCoMa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman04 View Post
So what is the best thing to use. can you send me a link of what you think for more less about 3in or 2.5in
I use these and they are great. They add 3" lift.

http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A2637A0A0.aspx
Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #15
2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice2009tacomav6 is just really nice
Navy:
2009tacomav6's Tacoma Gallery
go for the old man emu EMO rear leaf packs... they are fantastic! Great ride.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
does the AAL's stiffen the ride? i got blocks in the backs and i am worried about axle wrap. ive had the lift installed in august... only been offroad once, usually just drive on the streets.. is there a way to tell when i start to develop axle wrap? or how long till it develops?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
does the AAL's stiffen the ride? i got blocks in the backs and i am worried about axle wrap. ive had the lift installed in august... only been offroad once, usually just drive on the streets.. is there a way to tell when i start to develop axle wrap? or how long till it develops?
they will stiffen the ride a bit......but its a good trade off for a more planted on the road feeling and less chance of axle wrap.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
Master Airman of the Navy
Dawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really nice

Navy: STRKGRP 10, DESRON 26, CVN 75
Name: Dawayne
Dawayne409's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman04 View Post
Has anyone put blocks in the rear?

Don't do it bro! Especially if you plan on offroading damn near at all. My boy had had F-350 with 3in blocks in the back and even on the monsterbeast axle he had it wrapped something horrible. And forget about ever being able to use your current leaf packs again if you do it, talk about negative arch/oakland dip!
Best advice is to get new leaf packs if you got the dough, AAL's if you don't. If you're like me and can't afford either for the time being......be mad at yourself for a bit then save up. lol
Old 11-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
People are going to tell you blocks suck, and warn you of the axle wrap that you're probably never going to feel unless your racing people off the light or trying to do burnouts, but *if* you do get some, get these since nothing else out there will compare, and yes, most will suck quality wise, and DON"T go aluminum if you use blocks. These use grade 8 bolts for the pins, & are fully welded. If you cheap out, you'll regret it down the road. I offer upgrade u-bolt options too so you're not forced to run the cheapies commonly found in stores. These are custom made at a spring shop I deal with and are USA steel. No China junk. Personally I think blocks are a better solution than AAL or stiff shocks, since your ride quality won't suffer as bad. I have 'em in my 4x4 and it'll go anywhere I point the wheel. (for the last 18 years) What model is your truck?
Attached Thumbnails
Blocks-111111-00004.jpg   Blocks-imgp9082.jpg   Blocks-captured2004-8-1300002-1.jpg   Blocks-nbs.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread