Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

410 Rearend Gears needed for 99 4x4!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 410 Rearend Gears needed for 99 4x4!!!

Hey guys, my brother has a 99 4x4 access cab. he has beat the shit out of it and now its pretty bad.

He is needing a new/used rearend with 410 gears.

Any of you know where i can locate one? Any sites to check out? Any of you know anyone that has a 98-00 4x4 willin to let go of what's needed from scraps?

thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/c-61623-toyota.html

These guys should be able to help you out. There thirds are pre assembled so there is nothing to setup. Just install the third, replace your axles, and your good to go.

Does he need the axle housing also?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay is about the cheapest I have seen. Does he want the complete axle or just the third member?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post

These guys should be able to help you out. There thirds are pre assembled so there is nothing to setup. Just install the third, replace your axles, and your good to go.

Seconded. I've heard a lot of good things about these guys. I've also read good reviews on JustDifferentials.com.
http://www.justdifferentials.com/ind...5130b20fb9574a

If he doesn't want to mess with setting up the gear himself he can pull the 3rd, ship it to the vendor, have it regeared, and re-install the assembly when it comes back. Most of these shops have fast turn-around times.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
I sold my 4.10 gears a couple months ago when I re-geared and got ARB Lockers. Had it done by the aforementioned East Coast Gear Supply. They've got great customer service and excellent turn around times. I think the highest ratio they offer is 4.56 though, so you may have to find someone else.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post
Hey guys, my brother has a 99 4x4 access cab. he has beat the shit out of it and now its pretty bad.

He is needing a new/used rearend with 410 gears.

Any of you know where i can locate one? Any sites to check out? Any of you know anyone that has a 98-00 4x4 willin to let go of what's needed from scraps?

thanks in advance!
I actually might know a guy who did an E-Locker swap and won't be needing his old third anymore. Do you need the whole thing, just the carrier, or just the gears?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Ebay is about the cheapest I have seen. Does he want the complete axle or just the third member?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Seconded. I've heard a lot of good things about these guys. I've also read good reviews on JustDifferentials.com.
http://www.justdifferentials.com/ind...5130b20fb9574a

If he doesn't want to mess with setting up the gear himself he can pull the 3rd, ship it to the vendor, have it regeared, and re-install the assembly when it comes back. Most of these shops have fast turn-around times.
thanks for the links guys!!

my brother just said that he's needing just the rearend. he's a mechanic so he will be doin all the work anyways. i will let him know the links u guys have recommended and see if he can locate somethin.

as far as ebay goes, he's tried that and has had no luck. i knew there were sites to go to & find what he needs, but i couldnt find mine from my old computer i had saved when i had my 99 as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
ridin dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
I actually might know a guy who did an E-Locker swap and won't be needing his old third anymore. Do you need the whole thing, just the carrier, or just the gears?
i am assuming the whole thing? my bro is short on words in text messages. i told him to call me so i can give him all the info yall have given me so far.

find out if that guy will let go of it and for how much shipping to 71749 or 71111
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #9

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i am assuming the whole thing? my bro is short on words in text messages. i told him to call me so i can give him all the info yall have given me so far.

find out if that guy will let go of it and for how much shipping to 71749 or 71111
Wildo
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
ridin dirty

Quote:
he needs the WHOLE thing... yokes, spinners... doesnt need axels or housing... just the 3rd member, the chunk or whatever they call it.

like i said find out shipping, cost or when i come to the meet next month see how much he wants for it and ill see if he wants it.

it has to be 410 gears, not 488. he said he found kits for $1300 - $1500 for the rebuild kit but doesnt want to go that route. he said that he doesnt want to pay over $500 for a rearend.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
If you havnt found anything someone on my local offroad forum is selling 4.10s out of a 99

http://www.sc4wda.org.vt.edu/forums/...pic.php?t=2916
Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #12

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
he needs the WHOLE thing... yokes, spinners... doesnt need axels or housing... just the 3rd member, the chunk or whatever they call it.

like i said find out shipping, cost or when i come to the meet next month see how much he wants for it and ill see if he wants it.

it has to be 410 gears, not 488. he said he found kits for $1300 - $1500 for the rebuild kit but doesnt want to go that route. he said that he doesnt want to pay over $500 for a rearend.
Can you verify that it's this kind of rear end?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
ridin dirty

[quote=dgerm;879303]If you havnt found anything someone on my local offroad forum is selling 4.10s out of a 99

http://www.sc4wda.org.vt.edu/forums/...916[/quote]

ill let my brother know...

Quote:

im sendin him that pic now...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #14
ridin dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
If you havnt found anything someone on my local offroad forum is selling 4.10s out of a 99

http://www.sc4wda.org.vt.edu/forums/...pic.php?t=2916
would u mind PMing that guy and see if he still has that rearend and if its the whole rearend and how much he's wantin for it?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
ridin dirty

Quote:

drew, i believe he said this one is the one he is needing

can u get me info on how much he wants for it?

u guys are a lifesaver!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #16
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
would u mind PMing that guy and see if he still has that rearend and if its the whole rearend and how much he's wantin for it?
will do!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
ridin dirty

oh, and drew... make sure u ask this guy if it has the 410 gears.. thanks again!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #18

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Workin' on it.

Also, if it doesn't work out to find a whole one somewhere, I've got an extra carrier with the bearings still on it I'd be willing to donate.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
See if this helps. I know that it as a little bit of a ways away, but the price seems right.

2000 toyota tacoma rear end 4 10 raco complete with brakes and hubs $150.00
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pts/1338010861.html
Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #20
ridin dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
See if this helps. I know that it as a little bit of a ways away, but the price seems right.

2000 toyota tacoma rear end 4 10 raco complete with brakes and hubs $150.00
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pts/1338010861.html
i'll keep that one in mind, thanks!