Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Modifications

Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Modifications

Ok so i have finnaly figured out what all I am going to do to my 96 tacoma.
Step Rails(chrome)
Window Tints
New Muffler and Tailpipes
New Mud Flaps
Blue headlights(im not exactly sure of the exact name but they are the ones that are on newer cars)
And maybe a new cd player and speakers

If you have anymore ideas then plz contact me

My truck= http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...00/ppuser/4098
Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
you may wanna do the deck-plate mod for your airbox as well........could make your truck breathe a little better and may unlock a bit more power for ya. here is more info.........................

http://www.wattora.com/index.php?page_id=10

i know its a little updated,and im not sure what motor you have, but it should still work the same basically. hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How hard is that going to be to do? And what exactly is it going to do?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
not really sure how hard it will be to do, shouldnt be very hard at all. maybe someone else will chime in on the difficulty level of it. as far as what it will do, your engine will breathe better and you may get better mileage, and put that with an exhaust, even better sound and performance for ya!!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance

Oh that sounds good. My only worry about that is, is when i take it out is it going to be easier for trash and debree to get into my engine
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Oh that sounds good. My only worry about that is, is when i take it out is it going to be easier for trash and debree to get into my engine
The deckplate is a 4" wide hole in your airbox basically. It comes with a lid that you can screw in or take out whenever you want.

I had it on my 96.... and I'd leave it open during normal daily drives. When I took the truck offroading or in dusty/dirty conditions, I'd put the lid back in and the airbox was as good as stock (no hole).
Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
96Tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

96Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to try the air box mod also. Looks simple to do.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
Prerunner02 is on a distinguished road

Prerunner02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Prerunner02 Send a message via Skype™ to Prerunner02
I put in a cold air intake. Its pricey for a good name but the sound is awsome it seems to have added a fair bit of power too. Could be a placibo effect though :P

As far as lights. I purchased an HID conversion kit off ebay for $150 after a couple monthes waiting for a replacement bulb that broke in transit I finally installed the kit and holy crap these are bright. I highly recomend doing them. Pretty easy to install. Here is the the kit on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/H4-Xenon-HID-Head...QQcmdZViewItem