Notices

Trans cooler.....before or after radiator cooler

Old 08-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
RC Combat Master
fred420 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
fred420's Tacoma Gallery
Trans cooler.....before or after radiator cooler

I am going to install an after market trans cooler on my 99 prerunner, v6. Do I install it before the fluid enters or exits the stock cooler?

Thanks,

Fred
Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
what do the instructions say?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
RC Combat Master
fred420 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
fred420's Tacoma Gallery
I have not purchased it yet........just gathering info before I order it this afternoon.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What's wrong with the OEM cooler?

If it doesn't work sufficiently, then why not remove it completely and install the aftermarket one in its place?

Or - if you gotta have both - I would crawl underneath the truck and look around to find the best suitable location that'll offer the best cooling and/or access to flowing air for best operation. You need to find an appropriate spot for best results regardless if its before or after.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
NewEnglander
krlang is on a distinguished road

krlang's Tacoma Gallery
As I have said in previous posts,
I was told by a tranny guy to get a cooler and not use the one in the radiator.
He has seen them rot out and put coolant into the tranny. its too late when you find it.
I installed a cooler in front of my radiator, with hard lines through the rad support. Than I put short hoses to make it flexible before going back to the original hard lines to the tranny.

I bought the $65 cooler from Amazon, same number cooler as in the TRD kit.
I made my own lines and whatnot, moved an AC line, and horn a little, not bad.

Good luck.