Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Advise running RCA cables to the headliner

Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Geek with a gun
Cheesycook is on a distinguished road

Cheesycook's Tacoma Gallery
Need Advise running RCA cables to the headliner

I am getting a used double din DVD/CD/GPS unit for my birthday and will be connecting it to the DVD unit the past owner installed so my family can watch movies on trips. I just wanted some advise on running an RCA cable from the unit through the dash, up the window pillar and to the center of the ceiling. Any easy methods to get in there or roadblocks I should know about?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Can I ask why?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Geek with a gun
Cheesycook is on a distinguished road

Cheesycook's Tacoma Gallery
I will be running the ceiling mounted DVD player to accept signal from the head unit which will play digital media. I transfer Tivo recorded programs to digital formats so my family can watch shows on PSP's and what not.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Cheese~
Make sure you get a lenthy RCA cable... Too long is better than too short!

Good Luck with the install and lets see some pics when you're done!