Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you disable the DRL's?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
How do you disable the DRL's?

Hello,

I have a 2002 Tacoma, 3.4L V6, 4X4. I would like to disable the daytime running lights. Does anyone know how to turn them off without effecting the other lighs, or making any drastic modifications?

Thank you,
Gary
Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Click on the search button at the top of the page and search for it. There is a write up on it and I think all you do is cut one wire!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37214
Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Sweet!!! Thanks for the link. Cutting that wire did disable the DRL's, but now my highbeam light stays on, very dim however, when the DRL's are off. But the indicator will go off when I turn my lights on. Has anyone run into this side effect resulting from cutting that wire.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Yes - there've been reports of a constant-on high beam indicator after doing the DRL disable mod. I'm not sure what causes that ...
Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #6

Ok. Well it's not enough to bother me. But when the truck is off, the light stays on and the ammount of power that little light uses isn't enough to worry me either.

Again, thank you for the link.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Davidbergh4 is on a distinguished road
Davidbergh4's Tacoma Gallery
....ground the e-brake switch wire !!!
Geeeeez.