1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No sound from radio

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by inlinewhine, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Sep 8, 2009 at 4:35 AM
    inlinewhine

inlinewhine [OP] Member

Member:
    ND/MN
    Vehicle:
    02 X-Cab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    02 Tacoma the radio powers on but cannot get any sound from the speakers. Cycling the ignition does not correct the problem. The radio is a cd/tape deck completely stock. Fuses? factory external amp? What could it be?

2. Sep 8, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    It could be a fuse for the speakers if they are "powered". I'm sure that there are a couple of fuses for stereo system, but I haven't looked at a schematic regarding Tacoma stereos to see where the fused links are located. If you have a manual (well actually you could probably download the tech sheets you need right here) Anyway, trace it out & it should give you a couple of places to start checking. Good luck....

Products Discussed in

To Top