senior project ideas need a vote

View Poll Results: what to choose
super charger 5 21.74%
deisel engine swap 12 52.17%
lift 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
senior project ideas need a vote

i need a vote on senior projects, i have three choices ive narrowed it down to, i look at it as free mods cause my moms payin for it because its for school, and she has approved the ideas.

1. super charger for a 2002 V6 taco with 220,000+k miles
2. deisel engine swap with above taco (gotta find deisel engine
3. 6 inch suspension lift in addition to my current lift

any other ideas welcome
Old 09-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
supercharge with 220k is a bad idea fyi
diesel..EHhh...

6" lift..EHHH

can you pocket the cash?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
supercharge with 220k is a bad idea fyi
diesel..EHhh...

6" lift..EHHH

can you pocket the cash?
yeah i gots the cash moneys for it, i knew the super charger wouldnt be the best idea with the mileage, i am definately doing an engine swap with a deisel when it dies, key word when it dies, maybe itll conk in the next few months and i can have a turbo deisel? haha
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
PhatTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
PhatTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to PhatTaco
1) supercharging an engine with 220K+ miles is not a good idea.
2) deisel engine swap may be a tough one cause you are gonna have to manufacture some parts to make it fit.
3) 6 inch lift added to the current lift? Best bet of the three.
What kind of senior project is this anyway?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
anything else you can do? Maybe a bed cover or something

how about some new bumpers
Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatTaco View Post
1) supercharging an engine with 220K+ miles is not a good idea.
2) deisel engine swap may be a tough one cause you are gonna have to manufacture some parts to make it fit.
3) 6 inch lift added to the current lift? Best bet of the three.
What kind of senior project is this anyway?
anything else you can do? Maybe a bed cover or something

how about some new bumpers

we have to do some kinda skill project, ive had friends that installed lifts, rebuilt engines trannies, swapped engines ect, and you have to get a mentor (ie my automotive technologies teacher lol) to sign off on the work and you have to document your progress take pics and then give a presentation and show the class the final out come, and naw for the bumpers and stuff, i got arb in the frond, steel tube in the rear and a tool box
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I built a bumper for the back of my Chevy for my HS senior project. Dont wanna sound like an ass, but the aforementioned options are all poor IMO. Do something unique.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
only thing is ive done most other stuff

i am currently running ARB Front winchmount bumper, 3 inch susp. lift, 3 inch body lift, 33 tires w. pacer rims, steel tube bumpers,sliders, and whenever i can find one im doing a rear end swap for a locking differential

first i thought senior project was a shame, then i looked at it as a good way to do mods
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i say diesle swap (mabey turbo diesel)

cuz s/c on a engine w/220,000 miles bad idea i think

and 6 in lift coust more than the 6 inch lift (ex. tires, regearing. ect...)
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Turbo diesel would be killer.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #12
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the skills then diesel swap
Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #13

Firefighter:
just throw a bus engine in there and call it a day
Old 09-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
x2
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #15
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
x3 and if it worked you would basically have yourself a hilux. if i was you i would research hilux Diesel motors and see if you could get one of those, or go BIG and throw a Cummins in it
Old 09-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've read some about diesel swaps. A cummins 4BT would be a good engine to look at if you're serious about doing the swap. It would be badass.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #17

SAS would be a good project if you really want to go offroad.....
Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
If not an diesel than an LS1
Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #19
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
If not an diesel than an LS1
or a 1uz
http://fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=248
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I built a putting green in my backyard for mine a few years ago. Wish I coulda done something to my truck.