1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Lock Question!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by t.hornstra, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sep 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    t.hornstra

t.hornstra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    White with 4 wheels
    Little this. Little that 4x4 Swap’d PreRunner
    So i have wheel locks on my truck, and when my truck was broken into. the little Bast*rds stole the socket for them.

i need new brake pads soon and im trying to figure out how to get the damn things off now..

anyone know what to do?

2. Sep 13, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    huntertodd

huntertodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    HunterTodd
    Greenville, North Carolin
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4 V6 Automatic ext cab 4x4 tacoma
    1" spacers 32"s cold air intake, bored out cylinders, billet grill,black bull bar, black rear bumper, Black windows, Custom made and programed edge tunnerchip, white skid plates, uws toolbox, surf rod rack camo seat covers, double den touchscreen, flowmaster 40 series, 2 15" orion XTR pros, Autotecck 3,000 watt amp, gps, fender flares, drop in bed liner, clear front bumper lights,
    get the serial number off of your rims and if your rims are stock call toyota ifnot call the manufacture tht makes them they will hook u up i lost mine and was in the same boat eventually i did away with the lock..

3. Sep 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    t.hornstra

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    White with 4 wheels
    its like the aftermarket lug set where one of them is different. its got splines on it. they are pro comp wheels.
    where would i find the serial number?

4. Sep 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    huntertodd

huntertodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    HunterTodd
    Greenville, North Carolin
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4 V6 Automatic ext cab 4x4 tacoma
    1" spacers 32"s cold air intake, bored out cylinders, billet grill,black bull bar, black rear bumper, Black windows, Custom made and programed edge tunnerchip, white skid plates, uws toolbox, surf rod rack camo seat covers, double den touchscreen, flowmaster 40 series, 2 15" orion XTR pros, Autotecck 3,000 watt amp, gps, fender flares, drop in bed liner, clear front bumper lights,
    On the inside of the rims prob but im not too sure about that mine was on the inside but mine are stock but not like u have to much choice or call the manufacture

5. Sep 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    If you can't get a replacement take it to a shop they can solder a socket to the lock then take the wheel locks off with a wrench

6. Sep 13, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Grinding down the lock and then hammering on a smaller socket, welding another nut, other you can do, I'm tired and cvant think. I lost my oem lock ley and bought one at the stealership got raped by them went hom, wasn't it. Genius me got my dremel tool and ground down the original wheel locks to match the new one I bought. Kenpachi wins again, sore butt, but I was able to take my lock off. Yay! :(

7. Sep 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    take it to the dealer
    i had (kinda) the same problem with mine
    they took all 4 of them off in like 5 mins and they replaced them with regular ones for free
    they might do the same for you or for a small price
    anyway its better to get them off as soon as you can cuz you never know when you will have a flat tire and cant get the tire off when you need to

8. Sep 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    t.hornstra

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    White with 4 wheels
    yea i'm going to try and go tomorrow some time. ive been risking it lately if i got a flat. i have wheel locks but no socket for them, i dont have a jack, and my spare is still my stock tire size, even though all the others are 285/75

Products Discussed in

To Top