1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bull Bar Selection

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mn.cadena, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    mn.cadena

mn.cadena [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner Xtra Cab SR5
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I have the stainless version of the Hunter bull bar. I have had it about 2 years. It looks as good as the day I got it. I have a pair of 6" ProComp long range lights on it. However, I made some custom stainless brackets for the lights (by custom they are simply a piece of stainless bent into a 90 degree bend). If you use the brackets that come with it you probably would have to go with a 5" light. There are a couple more pics in my gallery.

My thread outlining the way I wired them up: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/6525-diy-wiring-after-market-lights.html

[​IMG]

3. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    bowyer2002

bowyer2002 always tinkering

Member:
    NE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
    damage multiplier NOT a bull bar- ARB = bull bar

4. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I agree it is a damage multiplier. However, it is a bull bar and I like it. So bite me. :p

5. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    bowyer2002

bowyer2002 always tinkering

Member:
    NE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
    I just didn't want someont thinking they can put this type bar on and have it provide protection.
    Just an observation not being critical of the accessory.
    BTW since you're in KS (somewhat local) are you going the the GATOR trail ride in Seymour, MO?

6. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    taco06

taco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    pomona ,California
    Vehicle:
    06 sprt
    I can't let the wife know
  7. Sep 16, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Sorry. No problem. I agree, no one should look at these accessories as anything more than some bling and a place to mount lights. I am not much into trail riding, which is why the Hunter bar works great for me. I mostly use my truck to haul things, pull my boat, and occassionally get me to a out-of-the-way fishing spot. I would like to go once though, just for the experience. It looks like a lot of fun...

Products Discussed in

To Top