Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help with removal of secondary air filter

Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
hodgey is on a distinguished road
hodgey's Tacoma Gallery
help with removal of secondary air filter

I am a little confused about the removal of the secondary filter on my truck. I have looked at a lot of threads on here but none are helping. The problem is where is it exactly located? I am gonna post a pic. Thanks for the help
Attached Thumbnails
help with removal of secondary air filter-mail.jpeg  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
that mod is for a second gen tacoma
you have a first gen
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
hodgey's Tacoma Gallery
So there is not a secondary filter on first generations tacomas?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey View Post
So there is not a secondary filter on first generations tacomas?
correct.

that said...you will benefit from the deck plate mod.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
correct.

that said...you will benefit from the deck plate mod.
x2
Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
hodgey's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for answering my question. So what can I do to the truck to improve gas mileage? Or if you have any other suggestions.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey View Post
Thanks guys for answering my question. So what can I do to the truck to improve gas mileage? Or if you have any other suggestions.
the deck plate mod and a good filter such as the afe pro dry s will help you out....and maybe a different muffler...like the dynomax super turbo. i have both, and they helped alot.