LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Suspension Install

Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #41
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerP View Post
Nice work and thanks for the write up. Very helpful as I am about to embark of the same work myself on my '03 only with a set of Donahoe's up front.

I have been going back and forth about an AAL or leaf pack in the back. How did you decide? I was planning on asking Wheeler's for an opinion as well.

Peter
I figured that my old leaves were pretty beat and AAL's would just be a patch, and if I was gonna spend the money, I might as well spend all of the money.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #42
MarcD is on a distinguished road
MarcD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the thread, it'll certainly serve as a source of instruction when I install suspension in the future. Little question though, I noticed that you had a 2" spacer up front before you even put the OME kit on, and in another thread, Silverback07 had a 1/2" spacer up front as well as the OME kit (granted his truck is 2nd gen). Is having a front spacer necessary when going for the OME suspension? In other words, will the rear be raised far more than the front if you didn't have the spacer?

Thanks,

Marc
Old 10-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #43
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Thanks for the thread, it'll certainly serve as a source of instruction when I install suspension in the future. Little question though, I noticed that you had a 2" spacer up front before you even put the OME kit on, and in another thread, Silverback07 had a 1/2" spacer up front as well as the OME kit (granted his truck is 2nd gen). Is having a front spacer necessary when going for the OME suspension? In other words, will the rear be raised far more than the front if you didn't have the spacer?

Thanks,

Marc
There is a small spacer on the front of mine. They call it a lift enhancer. It added about 1/2" to the front. Without the spacer you should get around 2" of lift. I would call Wheelers off road, they can explain it all far better than I could. To answer your question, without this you will likely notice a higher rear end vs the front.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #44

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Damn John next time just give the money to me!
You don't need my money, Mr 2 trucks and new fox suspension on order.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #45
MarcD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
There is a small spacer on the front of mine. They call it a lift enhancer. It added about 1/2" to the front. Without the spacer you should get around 2" of lift. I would call Wheelers off road, they can explain it all far better than I could. To answer your question, without this you will likely notice a higher rear end vs the front.
Are you referring to the 5MM Trim Packer that comes with the Wheeler's OME Complete kit or the 10MM Lift Enhancer that you can get separately? Because in your case if you have the 10MM Lift Enhancer in addition to the 2" lift that means you have about 2 1/2" of spacer on the front in addition to the shocks and coils...

I'll definitely give Wheeler's a call tomorrow, and thanks for the response.

Marc
Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #46

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 10mm Lift enhancer on my front end. The 2" spacers are sitting on the floor of my garage with the rest of the old suspension. The trim packer is just on the drivers side to level out the truck left to right.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #47
MarcD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the 10mm Lift enhancer on my front end. The 2" spacers are sitting on the floor of my garage with the rest of the old suspension. The trim packer is just on the drivers side to level out the truck left to right.
Thanks for the clarification, I was starting to think your front had started to sag, but those 2" spacers aren't there
Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #48

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
No problem. If there is anything else with which I can help, just shoot me a PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #49
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know how I've never caught this thread before.

John the truck looks great. Can't wait to see it again in person with the new lift.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #50

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Don't know how I've never caught this thread before.

John the truck looks great. Can't wait to see it again in person with the new lift.
Thanks Nick.
The lift was on it the last time you saw the truck. I just never got around to doing the write up until after Rausch Creek. The truck will have new sliders the next time we get together though.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #51
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Nick.
The lift was on it the last time you saw the truck. I just never got around to doing the write up until after Rausch Creek. The truck will have new sliders the next time we get together though.
I was thinking because I watched the video I put together after the trip today and it seemed like it handled everything way to well to have just spacers.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #52

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
I was thinking because I watched the video I put together after the trip today and it seemed like it handled everything way to well to have just spacers.
It did pretty good, I was impressed with it's first outing. Forgetting to hook up the front anti sway bar during the install probably helped it flex a bit too.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #53
machman is on a distinguished road

Navy: MR2
machman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It did pretty good, I was impressed with it's first outing. Forgetting to hook up the front anti sway bar during the install probably helped it flex a bit too.
WOW, I bet it did.

BTW, Lets see the sliders.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #54
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #55
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:

Old 11-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #56

Marines:
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #57
SYC TACO
VixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Victor
VixTacom's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VixTacom
came out great dude, keep up the good work on that truck!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #59

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. It was a bit trying at times, but I had a lot of fun during the install.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #60
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys. It was a bit trying at times, but I had a lot of fun during the install.
Oh yea, the wrenching is the best part! Then you go and test it out!