Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driving BF GoodRich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 on the road

Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #1
NH03TacomaTRD4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Doug
NH03TacomaTRD4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Driving BF GoodRich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 on the road

How many guys doing this and how is the wear? How many miles you getting on average?

Road Noise?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna know the same question
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
blkcoma32 will become famous soon enough

blkcoma32's Tacoma Gallery
No experiance here but i've seen from other guys 20k-25k depending on how bald u want to run them. Don't think they make too much noise on the road but i'm sure they do make some noise.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
a lil over 20,000 miles on mine and so far so good on road...

i take em out to the desert about twice a month and they hold up really well, and once aired up, they have been great on the highway...

as for noise, after the 20k mark, i can hear them if my windows are rolled down and the radio off, but that quickly gets distracted by the other parts of my truck shaking loose...

Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Ktaco will become famous soon enoughKtaco will become famous soon enough

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking into these before I got my firestone mt's. Buddy at the dealer said "there ok wearing on pave, but on rocks and trails there awsome." I later spoke to some people who own them and they say it's the worst wearing "mud" tire they've owned.

Then again I see people on here praising them so i don't know.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #6

thx guys 20 -25k I think I will look at others because it is my daily driver and will do mostly paved roads. If it was my wheelin rig only I would even think twice about putting them on.

Thx Again for all the input.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
dublduty is just really nicedublduty is just really nicedublduty is just really nicedublduty is just really nice
dublduty's Tacoma Gallery
The BF all terrains are a nice riding tire on pavement and no slouch in the mud.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
you know that 20-25k is just where were at right now right?

i will easily get 40k out of my set and i think mike will get more since he stays off the rocks
word... i have over 20k on mine and still have a ton of tread left...

as for rocks, you gotta wheel the CA desert and it will leave you wishing for big rocks... of the 4 different tire brands i have tried, so far, these KM2s are the only ones that havent torn apart out in Barstow...

i intend to run these again after i toast the current set...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublduty View Post
The BF all terrains are a nice riding tire on pavement and no slouch in the mud.
x2. I do a lot of pavement but BFG all-terrains hold their own in snow, slush, dirt, mud and some trail riding. they also look quite aggressive compared to most other AT tires in my opinion.
Ive gone 8-10K (1 year) on mine and have virtually no wear (>90% tread left). Very minimal road noise for what they are.
honestly the best tire ive seen/used out there.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #10

Any one run the General Grabber A/T 2 tires?

Do you like them?

I like that they are a 60,000 mile warranty tire and that they are fairly aggressive.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving BF GoodRich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 on the road-general-grabber-at2.jpg  
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH03TacomaTRD4x4 View Post

Do you like them?

I like that they are a 60,000 mile warranty tire and that they are fairly aggressive.
i hear they are supposed to be great tires... havent seen any complaints about them on the offroad forums yet...
Old 10-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
The BFG's are a little noisy ( & most(or all) aggressive deep treaded tires get louder as they wear down) They're a pretty soft compound tire as tires go (not so good for pavement but great off road) so they won't last as long as a harder "highway tire" will but personally, I like the low pitch whirrrr-rrrr sound as they roll down the road, years ago I had a 72' 1 ton Dodge power wagon & I had 2 sets of tires for it, one set was the Cepek 38.5"x14x16.5" monster mudders that if you got 22k-24k out of them you did well, the other set was a Grand prix 36.5"x12.50x16.5" directional tire that you could expect to get about 30k-34k out of those ( a little harder compound tire) besides being OK with the road noise they made people around you, definintely heard you coming & got the hell out of the way....

On another note, I'm an old fart so most of you younger guys probably don't remember or knew about the Armstrong tire company who developed the TRU TRAC or the Norseman tire they were cheap, rode decent & good on or offroad, I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about them...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #13
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
x2. I do a lot of pavement but BFG all-terrains hold their own in snow, slush, dirt, mud and some trail riding. they also look quite aggressive compared to most other AT tires in my opinion.
Ive gone 8-10K (1 year) on mine and have virtually no wear (>90% tread left). Very minimal road noise for what they are.
honestly the best tire ive seen/used out there.
Yea, same here. I have almost 30,000 miles on my AT's now & still have a lot more tread left. I'm sold on these tires. I've done lots of off-roading including hundreds of miles in Death Valley & had no probems at all. They handle really nice in mud & snow too. Make sure you rotate them every 5,000 miles & they should last a while. They don't seem too loud on the road, but I always have the tunes up loud so.....
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do you like them?

i run these on my truck and i love them. there is no road noise and they get exeptional traction. you can almost hear them gripping the raod at slow speeds. i only have a little over 1000 miles on em and they still look great.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #15
Nowhereman04 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
Nowhereman04's Tacoma Gallery
just replaced my BFG A/T with another set. this is a good tire. and unless your going to do serious mudding it is all the tire you will ever need. i got 60k out of the last set, and even at that mileage they were not to loud. they made a litte noise but it wasn't bad at all. like monoman says, just rotate them every 3-5k and they will serve you well.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #16
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do you like them?

Yes I have them, and yes, they are great tires. Great in everything I have thrown at them.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #17
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
People on here seem to love them, I looked at them until I got a deal of a life time on my Maxxis Big horn MT's for $375 for 4 off craigs list they had like 3k on them if that the blue dots were still on them. They do have tons of road noise though but I have come to peace with it
Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
I've always used BFG AT on my trucks and all got at least 70k miles on them. The best tire out there IMO. My brother in-law just wore out his Mt's on his Jeep at 40k and just got the AT's.

Here are the AT's on my truck....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...res-today.html
Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Maxxis Big horn MT's for $375 for 4 off craigs list they had like 3k on them if that the blue dots were still on them. They do have tons of road noise though but I have come to peace with it
for that price, they could HOWL for all i care... hahahah
Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #20
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
for that price, they could HOWL for all i care... hahahah
That's what I said! They do fantastic off road though.