1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How To Get Rid of Smell

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacoguy, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    Fabreeze smells like shit.... The only one I will use by them is the hawaiin breeze one, but it doesn't work long, maybe a day. i have an ozone machine at work, I am going to clean the air with that tomorrow. Mine just has a 2000 tacoma truck smell, not too bad.

2. Oct 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    X3 Make him buy a new tacoma and trade you for the one he stunk up :D

No one has any respect for others' property anymore.

3. Oct 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    MLandgraf

MLandgraf Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Rockport TX
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    ARB, 3" lift
    When I purchased my truck it had been smoked in as well. I picked up some Renuzit auto freshner from Wal-mart. Thought it would just be a quick fix until I found something to really take care of it but I sprayed it really good for about 2 or 3 days and haven't smelled smoke since. It was really cheap too...... i think around $2.50. I think I would still go ahead a kick the friends ass just for good measure, you know a sort of reminder.

4. Oct 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    mine was too. only had 14k wen i bought it though. after i bought it i would would leave the windows down all the time in the garage or driveway. on weekends i would pull it outa the garage just get get the breeze flowing through the truck. and now i can't smell it at all. worked great for me.

5. Oct 12, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I used to smoke all the time in my car with the windows halfway down.
    My car used to reek. I just sprayed a bunch or lysol and that worked fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top