1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frame rot questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Andyd103, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oct 17, 2009 at 6:29 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    The "older" models do not have ready made frames available while the 2nd gen. do....this really comes down to "How your dealer treats you"....they do NOT lose money on these and it is a GREAT time to "Create" a new customer base( treat them well and they will return,$hit on them and BYE-BYE)..
    Andyd103,that is GREAT news.....good luck and when they do the re-frame,make that service writer your best friend...the little extra's they can do for you does nothing but SHINE:cool::cool: back on them....plus give you a Toyota with another 15 year warranty;)...

s

2. Oct 17, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    ashjwilliams

ashjwilliams Well-Known Member

Member:
    So has Toyota resolved these issues on newer Tacomas? I just bought a 2010 and am more than a little surprised about the issues these vehicles have (rear spring TSB, rust out frame, etc) yet still achieve this indestructible, last forever type status.

3. Oct 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    Andyd103

Andyd103 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 4WD (3.4L V6)
    Suspension Lift, 40mm Turbo
    Yeah i should hear back in a max of a weeks time about what they decide to do
    i brought it in and the guy was surprised that it was coming off :O i have never been off-roading since the re-coat driven on the highway like 5 times, and done about 2000 miles tops and he was like...., gimme your information and ill check back with you. IdK what that means in terms of what's going to happen but i hope i get a new frame, and regardless ill need a new gas tank guard though that thing is shot.

4. Oct 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Andyd103,

I would be calling him once a week and if they can not resolve quickly,ask him for the regional Toyota # ( the one I already gave you ;))....There is no way Toyota wants you "Jerked around" like this.....It increases the sales of S-10s and Rangers;):eek:..

Let us go back to your 1st post,Were you not told that the Frame would "fail" NH inspection???.....If that is true ,I would be asking the "dealer" for an inspection for the next 15 years.....Yes , I am being a hard a$$ BUT Toyota has given the "Dealers" all the resources to "correct" this and some are just dumba$$es......

If you feel they are "jerking" you around,PLEASE find a way to bring it ( your Tacoma) to either Grappone in Bow or Bill Dube up here in Dover( I'll give you my Contacts names and numbers)......

Heres hoping your "Manchester boys" get their "act" together:):)

S

5. Oct 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    Andyd103

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    they "repaired" the part of the frame that was near the leaf springs that the guy pointed out to me was real flaky (toyota dealer repaired it) and then they did a re-coating this which is my current problem, most of the frame is sound from what the inspector told me, its just portions where salt and stuff got to it in the 6 winters i've had it (even though i wash it once a week at the car wash in nashua). Im hoping at the least i get a new frame because im not to sure of their handy work at this point.

6. Oct 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    ashjwilliams,

I'll put this in my "own words";

1) what brought you into your Toyota dealer?
    2) why did you buy your 2010 Toyota?
    3) have you heard of any other truck producer stand behind their product like this and "Correct" mistakes on their dime?
    4) Two names are synonymous with the 4x4 world ;Jeep and Toyota,WHY????? ( unless you count the 'Brits;Rover is coming;))

5) WELCOME to the Toyota Family,ENJOY that truck.......

S

7. Oct 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    Andyd103

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    going in tomorrow, guy from corporate toyota will be there to decide the fate of my truck, what it looks like now will be replacement of the frame at the least.

8. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    Andyd103

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    nope. no replacement, cheap rustoleum fix again been a day since they put it on and its still goey

9. May 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    Andyd103

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    Update, 2014.. Frame didn't pass NH state inspection, Toyota was forced to replace the frame and everything it immediately touches.

Products Discussed in

To Top