Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2001-2004 Tacoma Factory Service Manual

Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
So the service manual I have for my '02 only goes to 120K miles. My truck has 125K miles. It makes sense to start the manual back over at 5K miles and go from there, but logic tells me that since I have 100K more miles on the truck than what the manual says (since I start back at 5K) that I need to incorporate a few more replacement/inspection items to the list.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list for trucks past this 120K mark? Or any suggestions of items I should be adding to the list from here out? Thanks.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #22
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The only major thing in the life of a Taco, I can think of is the timing belt change at 90K, otherwise, maintenance will be the same.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #23
Momphrare is on a distinguished road
Momphrare's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone go threw and put all the pages together on a .pdf doc? Its a little bit of a pain to go threw all of the folders trying to find the right page. Let me know if not I might take the time to paste them all.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momphrare View Post
Anyone go threw and put all the pages together on a .pdf doc? Its a little bit of a pain to go threw all of the folders trying to find the right page. Let me know if not I might take the time to paste them all.
to my knowledge no one has. It may be tricky to do, and TW may not host it (read: copyright )...for now, ncttora is hosting and TW merely has a link to it.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
Momphrare is on a distinguished road
Momphrare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
to my knowledge no one has. It may be tricky to do, and TW may not host it (read: copyright )...for now, ncttora is hosting and TW merely has a link to it.

Thanks 747 I think if you just followed the subject letters with the page number you could just page them all in one at a time... Not exactly how one would like to spend his free time but if I do end up doing it in my down time Iíll let you know. Possibly not post it on TW but at least then people could pm me if they wanted a copy I guess.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #26
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Forerunner i definitely see a military symbol. Coast Guard?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #27
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, it seems that way, but the way it is set up, all the hyperlinks to other pages in other folders work, so if you see a page cross-reference (SA-12) and click on that, it will load that page.

And, there is an HTML index page that downloads with it. This is is plain English and eliminates diggin through folders, for the most part.

What I have ended up doing is when I do find what I need, I save a copy of the page (including the all-important page number), and then add a couple of descriptive words. I save this at the top level. The I can easily print these out when I am going to do a specific job.

After a while, you can interpret the page number prefixes pretty easily. I believe SA is suspension assembly, for example.

But if you have the free time, go for it! I wouldn't mind having that....
Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #28
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa84 View Post
Hi Forerunner i definitely see a military symbol. Coast Guard?
I don't get the random thread revival, much less the Forerunner and Coast Guard references. (His last post in this thread was in 2008.) BTW, ToyComa84, if you hover your mouse over the Coast Guard symbol, a popup says "Coast Guard".

Quote:
02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Old 02-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #29
Afraz is on a distinguished road
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
If one were to buy the manual itself would the dealer carry it ? if so does anyone know how much they cost ? I was at my Yota dealer asked about Roof Rails and other things for my 2003 tacoma, and they said nothing was available because it was too old.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #30
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraz View Post
If one were to buy the manual itself would the dealer carry it ? if so does anyone know how much they cost ? I was at my Yota dealer asked about Roof Rails and other things for my 2003 tacoma, and they said nothing was available because it was too old.
They might, but it would be very expensive. Why don't you just download the files in the link in the first post in this thread?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #31
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a hard copy of a FSM for my old Jeep Wrangler. It was about $90 online.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #32
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
on ebay you can find them cheap.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #33
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
They might, but it would be very expensive. Why don't you just download the files in the link in the first post in this thread?
Is there any way to batch download all of them at the same time?

Holy crap, I've been clicking and filing like none other and I'm only 10% through the facking thing.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #34

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Is there any way to batch download all of them at the same time?

Holy crap, I've been clicking and filing like none other and I'm only 10% through the facking thing.
Uh, I dunno. I just went to the link and downloaded the whole shebang, from what I remember?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Uh, I dunno. I just went to the link and downloaded the whole shebang, from what I remember?
It's making me download each file (there are probably several hundred of them) individually.

At least for the 2000 FSM that's how it seems to be.

edit: FFS... how did I miss the ncttora link in the first post?!

Just downloaded the whole thing.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #36
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Recieved take down notice sorry.
No more FSM's
Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #38
pvtsnowball82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Luke
pvtsnowball82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #39
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you. I was about to start throwing shit if I had to buy the $200 FSM off ebay!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #40
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks! +1