Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question regarding 1/4" Toytec spacer for 1st Gen owners

Old 10-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
Question regarding 1/4" Toytec spacer for 1st Gen owners

Did the spacer correct the driver side lean on your 1st gens? Or are coilovers the only answer for this "issue"? I have an '03 DC by the way.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
It's supposed too but its not guarenteed since everyones truck, add-ons, weight, spring sag and etc is different. I was in the same boat. I debated months over Bilstein 5100 Adjustables, spacers and coilovers. I eventually decided to go with coilovers.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The 1/4" spacer will give you 1/2" of lift.

So, if your truck is leaning 1/2" or so - then it'll help.

Every situation is different and if you have a full tank of gas, it'll lean even more.

When I had my 96 tacoma, I dealt with the lean for a long time and tried all sorts of differen things to try and correct it. I finally got OME 881 coils up front that actually made it look a lot better.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
The 1/4" spacer will give you 1/2" of lift.

So, if your truck is leaning 1/2" or so - then it'll help.

Every situation is different and if you have a full tank of gas, it'll lean even more.

When I had my 96 tacoma, I dealt with the lean for a long time and tried all sorts of differen things to try and correct it. I finally got OME 881 coils up front that actually made it look a lot better.
Are the OME coils different lengths for the first gens? Or is it just your OE coil sagging from use? Yea my truck is leaning about 1/2" so I guess just slap the spacer on and hope for the best. Thanks Janster
Old 10-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The OME coils are not side specific.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTang909Inamo View Post
Are the OME coils different lengths for the first gens? Or is it just your OE coil sagging from use? Yea my truck is leaning about 1/2" so I guess just slap the spacer on and hope for the best. Thanks Janster
As Chris mentioned - the OME coils are not side specific and they're both the same length.

I'm not sure why the tacomas lean and I can't comment about the OE coils.

I installed a Rancho 1.5" lift kit (that was back in 99) and my truck developed the lean after that. I had the Rancho kit on for about 2 years or so before going with the OME coils. For some reason - the OME coils did a better job at preventing most of the lean. Rancho stuff really sucked and shocks wore out quickly & leaked.