1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

signal lights

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by saletofree, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oct 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    saletofree

saletofree [OP] New Member

Member:
    I need to change my front signal lights---the ones right next to the headlights. Can anybody tell me how to access it. Also, my parking lights are not working in the front although when I have my turn signals on or the hazard light on, they will work. I've checked the fuses underneath the hood and underneath the dash and they seem to be all good. Can anybody give me some suggestions...thanks

2. Oct 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    There is a screw on top of the front/side light then just pull it out, there are a couple of clips holding it in so you have to put alittle strength behind it. If your just changing the bulb you don't have to take the housing out, the bulb socket should twist out.

3. Oct 22, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    From what you're describing I think you're expecting them to work in a way they never did.
    The lights right beside your headlights are just marker lights (some people call them parking lights). These just turn on whenever you turn on the headlights. The ones in the bumper are strictly turn signals/ emergency flashers. They only turn on with the turn signals or the emergency flashers.

4. Oct 23, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    00taco

00taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    cali
    Vehicle:
    black 00 tacoma v6
    wheels, tires, sound system, hid headlights, 1st gen fog light mod, tinted tails hella 500s on custom light bar, dust light, led white guages/dash lights, color matched grille, exhuast, blacked bumper and accents....
    MowTaco is totally right and the parking lights have one little screw on top of them so you gotta pop the hood, take it out then there is a little tab on the outer side that will pop out and then a snap screw type thing on the bottom and just pull and it will just pop out then acces the boulb housing from behing by twisting and pulling the plugin

to get the blinker just look under bumper from wheel well and twist and pulll out the bulb socket and ur good

hope this helps:)

Products Discussed in

To Top