Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Trailer Light Converter Box Went Out

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Trailer Light Converter Box Went Out

Does anyone know of a way to bypass this box. I tried Wiring up a new flat 4 and it doesn't work. Do I have to have this box or can i wire something up?

This is an aftermarket kit i found.
http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-Simple...tive&carId=001
Old 10-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had one put in at U Haul for like 25 bucks. I think you need some kind of converter because the truck has amber turn signals (separate bulb than taillights) and the trailer doesn't (at least most don't). I don't know if it would work without it.

Products Discussed in this Thread