1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Super Charger Options/Costs

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bawilson21, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Oct 23, 2009 at 4:32 AM
    bawilson21

bawilson21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    WA
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 V6 4x4 5-speed
    Rear Diff Breather Extension Deck Plate Mod 31" Destination A/T 3" Body Lift Rancho 5000 Shocks Grey Wire 7Pin Tow harness
    So I know there are like 9001 threads on this (What! OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!!!) but I still wasn't able to find the info I've needed.

Ive been thinking about getting a super charger for awhile now but Im kinda lost. Ive been to URD's site and they have 3 options to choose from. I got the 5VZ 3.4L. Anywho, I guess I cant really make sense of what im working with between the different S/Cs from URD, the one from TRD, and the pulley size, along with all the other little things that come with it.

I'd like to know whose running these on the 3.4L and what your thoughts the S/C you chose and the associated costs of these. Also, how much tuning is involved? And of course you cant get a S/C w/o getting headers.. Which ones did you end up getting?

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    throttlejunkee

throttlejunkee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Throttlejunkee
    Eugene, oregon
    Vehicle:
    long travel dune buggy
    trd supercharger w 11 psi pulley, supra injectors, Apexi controller
    When the engine was in the truck, the headers (and all other hard parts) were TRD , to keep the warranty in effect. When the engine went into the buggy, I made them from scratch, out of the same size tubing and mandrel bends as the TRD headers were. Makes tons of power, woke up the 5vz big time.

Products Discussed in

To Top