LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about squeaking in front end

Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
josh.. is on a distinguished road
josh..'s Tacoma Gallery
Question about squeaking in front end

This is my first truck, so I'm not completely fluent in all of the different parts and everything yet, but I'm having a weird squeak coming from the front end. That's where it seems to be coming from at least. Only happens when I'm driving over uneven pavement, cracks in the road, or small speed bumps. Anything big and it doesn't seem to do it really. I'm not sure where to look or what to check, but any advice would be very helpful.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
BrandonDean is on a distinguished road
BrandonDean's Tacoma Gallery
I may have found the issue to the front end squeaking. (time will tell) When the hood is open and you bounce the truck you cant hear a thing the second i closed the hood the noise came right back. Couldn't find where anything was scratching until we looked at the hood latch. Paint was being scrapped off the bottom of the hook so my guess is that is was metal to metal noise from the front. After adding some lube i have not heard it in now 24hrs. Im sure when it dries again it will come right back so ill need to figure out a way to adjust it or see if toyota knows how to adjust the latch. Ill be back if it ends up not being the solution.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Veteran
low boy is on a distinguished road

Army: Operator
Name: Matt
low boy's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm, if it is the latch cool, you found it. but if not try spraying some WD40 on the shocks housing at the top really well. i had something similar and that fixed mine, and just rinse and repeat as needed. hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
wow. Dusting off a four year old post. crazy!