1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How Long for Frame Replacement???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kingston73, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    On Oct 14 I took my truck in to the dealer to get the frame check, only took 30 minutes and they said it needs the frame replaced. It's also due for a state inspection this month, so they said leave it, it'll be 2 weeks and gave me a loaner car. I had to take the loaner back in this past monday to get new wiper blades, and they hadn't even touched my truck yet, it was still right were I parked it when I left. They told me monday it should be done by the end of next week. Just wondering if this is a typical experience for everybody? I know I'll have to pay $30 for the state inspection, and technically won't have to pay anything else to get the frame replaced, but I'm starting to worry a bit about the trustworthiness of these people. Is 3 weeks time a normal turn around?

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    That and the factor in the present work load with the amount of techs.

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Well, I should have been patient, I got an email this morning and then immediately after a phone call saying my truck was done. Everything looks good, it's the first time I've ever seen a brand new shiny frame and rear springs. I decided to sell my Alcans and keep the OEM springs since I don't know how long I'll own the truck, and the OEM's are a little bouncier than the Alcans so I decided to do the "helper spring mod" after reading about it here. It seems to work pretty well, especially for only $30. It's funny, now every time I see a 1st gen I wonder if the owner knows about the recall/replace. All in all I'm really satisfied with Toyota's service!

Products Discussed in

To Top