1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine Rumble

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by asdf, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nov 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    asdf

asdf [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner
    3" in front, stock in back, 285/75/16 BFG KM2,5% tint all around, UWS black low profile, DTRL,line-X, deckplate...
    Recently, in my area, the weather has seen a few colder days, in the 40's...my truck is seeming to react to this as when i start it up in the morning, my whole truck shakes, much like a rumble, not a knocking i dont think, and does this for about a min and a half, untill my truck heats up. Is this a normal thing or should i be concerned? Also, when my truck does heat up after driving 15 min or so, my engine temp gauge goes up to about 3/4 hot, a bit more than half temp... should i worry about this too?

2. Nov 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    Mine goes to a bit over half too, i think they all do.

3. Nov 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    asdf

asdf [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner
    3" in front, stock in back, 285/75/16 BFG KM2,5% tint all around, UWS black low profile, DTRL,line-X, deckplate...
    alright, thought it was ok, just wanted to make sure there was nothing i should worry about

Products Discussed in

To Top