1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ladder rack with tool box

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Blumpkinson, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Nov 11, 2009 at 6:14 AM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson [OP] Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    So i already spent some time searching for this however i cant find exactly what i'm looking for. I bought my truck for work and have added a tool box to the back which is stuffed with tools. However, now its pretty sad how small my bed is and i really cant haul anything over 8ft without needing a red flag. The tool box had to be pushed all the way up against the front of the bed to clear the wheel well, so i cant fit anything behind it. I need some type of ladder rack that i can use for small loads of lumber, step ladders, and the occasional 24' and 32' extension ladder(not all at the same time). So the mounts for the rack has to somehow go under the box or in front of it(which would make carrying large extn ladders a little sketchy). I take the truck offroad so it would be nice if i could easily pull take the rack off, so its not catching on everything. Any ideas?? Here what the tool box looks like.
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    How well is the toolbox attached to the bed? If you could somehow rig a small bracket that fits in between the lid and the edge of the toolbox, then attach your ladder rack to it with some kind of quck release pin to hold it in place? I'm not sure how well that would work with the low profile box though...

Thats just off the top of my head...

3. Nov 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson [OP] Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    Im not sure how sturdy that would be, since the tool box isn't all that sturdy itself. Good idea though. Ive seen racks that have long brackets that the tool box sit on top of, but there isn't much room between the box and the cab for the post of the rack in my setup. Anybody have a tool box set up with ladder racks?

4. Oct 10, 2023 at 11:09 PM
    Metal roofer

Metal roofer Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    01 2.7 4x4 auto tran xtracab
    Front bumper, lift kit

Products Discussed in

To Top