Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AC Belt Help

Old 02-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
AC Belt Help

Hey fellas, I have an 04 Double-Cab PreRunner 3.4L V6 and was wondering how to go about adjusting the tension on my AC compressor belt. Seems a little too loose, and I have got some squeeling going on. Looks like a bitch trying to get at anything from above in the engine compartment. Do you make this adjustment from below by dropping the skid plates under the engine to gain access, or does this adjustment have to be made from under the hood?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
I just recently put new belts on mine so Ill give you the run down on how I did mine yes it is a bitch to get it lol

Ok first yes drop your skid plates then you have to loosen the bolt that holds that pulley its the bolt thats in the center of the pulley

there is an adjuster that sits at an angle to the right of it if your looking at the front of the truck turn that I think it was clock wise don't think its reverse threaded and tighten it up BUT DON'T FORGET to tighten that pulley bolt back up
Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Man.