Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen Fog Light Wiring

Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen Fog Light Wiring

I'm to cheap to buy myself a light bar, so im going to mount lights on the front bumper. I just have some questions about this type of mounting and would like some pics of your mount on the front bumper, and also how do you wire it in order to make it so you have a switch inside the truck, thanks ahead of time
Old 11-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I made some "L" brackets and mounted them to the frame. I made them long enough to where the lights would be flush with the bumper. I chose this method so as to keep the lights from bouncing around when I was off roading. Only pic I have is this one.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman101 View Post
I was actaully thinking of the lights to the bumper, kinda like this:

I just don't really know how its mounted, or wired
That looks familiar They are KCs Daylighters.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
jrcoyote21 is on a distinguished road

jrcoyote21's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought a tacoma with lights mounted to the bumper. is this what you are looking for?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted mine in the bumper similar to Chris. As far as the wiring goes, they came with a harness and relay. The relays are on the firewall with the switch wires running through the firewall under the dash. I got two fog light switches from a similar year Camry and they fit right in the blanks behind the shifter. Looks pretty factory.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
My switches:

Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I made some "L" brackets and mounted them to the frame. I made them long enough to where the lights would be flush with the bumper. I chose this method so as to keep the lights from bouncing around when I was off roading. Only pic I have is this one.
i need some of those "L" shape brackets u made! do u remember the measurements & all?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #11
Will Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Will Prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have the fog lights below like jr coyote, and have been wanting to add lights to the bumber but have been nervous to drill into fearing i'll screw it up.
I would definitely suggest using a relay when you wire them up, the easiest way to wire them is to just wire them up right to the battery. This is how mine are wired, but it is better to wire them into the headlights or some type of switch that turns off when the car turns off so they don't drain your battery if you leave them on.