Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What size drop ball hitch do I need?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
DTaCo is on a distinguished road
Name: Dylan
DTaCo's Tacoma Gallery
What size drop ball hitch do I need?

I have a 6" drop bracket suspension lift and coil spacers that add about another 2" and a 1" body lift. The tires are 35x14.5. I am wondering if a 6" drop will work or do I need something larger? Also where is a good place to buy one from. Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
These are some beefy and good looking hitches:
Alumistinger
Rapid hitch
I'd say you should be able to get one that will work with them avail in up to a 10" drop. They're all rated for 8,000-10,000lb trailer weight rather than the 5000lb or less that most other large-drop hitches come with. My dad has a 3 3/4" drop rapid hitch and I use it all the time. Its awesome! Great versatility being able to adjust height for different trailers and having 2 ball sizes avail all the time is nice as well. I just installed an allpro plate bumper and since my receiver is higher now, im going to get a 10" drop rapid hitch for myself. (btw, ive found them cheaper than that site, that was just for reference for ya)
Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
oh, and I'd probably say you'd be looking in the neighborhood of a 8"-10" drop, but I cant give you any guarantees.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Level your trailer and measure from the ground to the (inside of)top part where the ball goes.This will tell you where the top of the ball needs to be in order for your trailer to sit level.