Notices

IFS lift vs. SAS swap???

View Poll Results: IFS lift vs. SAS swap
IFS lift 33 37.50%
SAS swap 55 62.50%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Found this while browsing TTORAs SAS section.

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new...8d4400a08c456a

Looks like all you need is the axle and some other bits.

This is a great link thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #42
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds0912 View Post
S.A.S = Solid Axle Swap. S.A.S swap = Solid axle swap swap. No need for the extra swap in there. Just a pet peave. Like saying IT technology or IFS suspension. Kills me.
What is wrong with a S.A.S SWAP????
Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #43
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Having the benefit of owning both, SAS hands down !! Stronger,ease of maintenance, much more user friendly to suspension MODS & personally you can't even compare the looks of a lifted solid axle Tacoma to an IFS

Solid axle just...looks so damned....sexy
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #44
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
How are you getting your numbers for the SAS? Take everything that you think you will need and put it on a spread sheet, notebook paper, whatever you want. List every item out one by one and put the cost. If you don't know the cost high ball an estimate. Then add another thousand or so to that, plus another several hundred for misc b/s. I started out thinking that I could completely do mine for $4500-$5500 front/rear, all the bells and whistles... I was off. Take a look at the price sheet on my build (which I need to update) and it's the $20 here and $100 there that will kill you.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #47
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
this thread is three years old...someone poll bumped it

Albiet true Cody, its an old thread yet still relevant in this day & age....

(also I didn't see it the first time around... I think...)
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #48
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Having the benefit of owning both, SAS hands down !! Stronger,ease of maintenance, much more user friendly to suspension MODS & personally you can't even compare the looks of a lifted solid axle Tacoma to an IFS

Solid axle just...looks so damned....sexy
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #50
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery

I'm guilty of doing this before accidentally...
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #51
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just ask this guy.....
Actually everything is much simpler working on my current SFA rig than my tacoma....
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #52
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Actually everything is much simpler working on my current SFA rig than my tacoma....

Oh hell yeah its easier, alot more straight forward...
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #53
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh hell yeah its easier, alot more straight forward...
It all makes sense too....like I can look at something and easily know wtf i need to do lol...well minus I need a bigger f'ing hammer to get my diff covers off so I can change that fluid lol

Gonna go test it all out early Friday AM since I gotta work the night shift. I felt like fun today, so I flexed it with my floor jack when removing the tires and zomg! It's comparable to the Ranger's flex
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #54
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ARB or TRD E-locker.

That is at least another $1000 for parts.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
ARB or TRD E-locker.

That is at least another $1000 for parts.
Lockright

Detroit
Old 06-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #56
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It all makes sense too....like I can look at something and easily know wtf i need to do lol...well minus I need a bigger f'ing hammer to get my diff covers off so I can change that fluid lol

Gonna go test it all out early Friday AM since I gotta work the night shift. I felt like fun today, so I flexed it with my floor jack when removing the tires and zomg! It's comparable to the Ranger's flex
Oh, very nice !!

Quote:
Lockright

Detroit

Perfect, most dont know that the Detroit locker is/was the standard....
Old 06-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #57
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, very nice !!

Perfect, most dont know that the Detroit locker is/was the standard....
I'm planning on running one eventually....

It's totally unnecessary to run an ARB IMO. Selectable might be a luxury, but it's overpriced IMO.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm planning on running one eventually....

It's totally unnecessary to run an ARB IMO. Selectable might be a luxury, but it's overpriced IMO.

Agreed, the ARB is a great locker, but I would'nt want to hassle with tanks/airlines, etc; & yes, too much $$$...
Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #59
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lockright

Detroit
Those are cheap ass lockers.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #60
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed, the ARB is a great locker, but I would'nt want to hassle with tanks/airlines, etc; & yes, too much $$$...
Just overall...there's that room for potential for more to go wrong with having an ARB because of all the added components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Those are cheap ass lockers.
And you sir are speaking from, what, personal experience? Thinking that either factory or ARB must be gold and that's the only option?